Source editing - removing items

I've been trying to find instructions on excising objects from the
source; in this case, worthless glass. I don't want to change how
frequently valuable gems occur, just keep the glass from popping up,
preferably without leaving empty spaces in store inventory. Would
someone please either instruct me or direct me to instructions on how
to do this?

Are these types of questions ok for this forum or am I in the wrong
place?

"Taramnos" <taramnos@gmail.com> wrote:
>I've been trying to find instructions on excising objects from the
>source; in this case, worthless glass. I don't want to change how
>frequently valuable gems occur, just keep the glass from popping up,
>preferably without leaving empty spaces in store inventory. Would
>someone please either instruct me or direct me to instructions on how
>to do this?
>
>Are these types of questions ok for this forum or am I in the wrong
>place?

I would say that questions about the structure of the nethack source
code and how to modify it are definitely on-topic for
rec.games.roguelike.nethack. (More general queries about the development
of roguelike games are best taken to rec.games.roguelike.development, of
course.)
My roguelike games page (including my BSD-licenced roguelike) can be found at:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~mpread/roguelikes.html

Taramnos wrote:
> I've been trying to find instructions on excising objects from the
> source; in this case, worthless glass. I don't want to change how
> frequently valuable gems occur, just keep the glass from popping up,
> preferably without leaving empty spaces in store inventory. Would
> someone please either instruct me or direct me to instructions on how
> to do this?
>
> Are these types of questions ok for this forum or am I in the wrong
> place?

It's fine to ask this here in r.g.r.n.

You'll already find some answers in the parallel thread that you started
one hour ago.

Janis

Terribly sorry for the double-post. I didn't see my post show up on
the board, so I figured I'd done something wrong and posted again.