rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://s3underground.50megs.com/stuff/0003.htm" target="_new">http://s3underground.50megs.com/stuff/0003.htm</A>

Well would you bash or praise it. Well, spudmuffin told me he'll have a Kick ass p4 reveiw.

The only nice Intel guy.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
"In 32bit operations it should proform around around a low clocked P3."

I think they slipped the finger, it's supposed to be:

"In 32bit operations it should proform around around a low clocked P1."

---------
I am the first and only one with a 16MB GeForce2 GTS graphics card! :smile:

G

Is that your website? Nice editorial but doesnt the current P4 already have double pumped ALU? Might wanna run the ol spell checker too.

(A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I did office 2000 is poorly wrote program. Im downloading Sun StarOffice 5.2 . Well the current p4 doesn't have this i believe thats why the FPU sucks on it.

The only nice Intel guy.

G

yawn

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

G

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1186" target="_new">Anandtech Article</A>

<b>"This was the big attention getter when we published our first live report from IDF, the Willamette has a double pumped Integer Arithmetic Logic Unit (ALU). The ALU actually executes the instructions in the Willamette and by “double pumping” it, Intel is able to make the two physical ALUs of the Willamette produce the benefits of four ALUs each running at the core frequency of the CPU.

The Willamette’s double pumped ALU should make the business application and content creation performance of the processor very difficult to beat since those two areas are relatively non-FPU intensive and would benefit greatly from the double pumped Integer ALU."</b>

I think the reason that the P4 has such poor FPU performance is because Intel had to leave part of it out because it wouldn’t fit in the current P4’s huge die size. Hopefully Intel is fixing the FPU in Northwood.

(A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
I think you mean that PC1066 RDRAM is coming out (not PC1033). Other than that ... is there a grammar checker? And those blue links to the left are impossible to see on the green background. Finally ... S3 Underground? Is the site for all those closet S3 fanatics who don't like ATI or nVidia? Should it be the Sonic Blue Underground instead? But since you're the only nice Intel guy, I'll give you an A for effort anyway.

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Blind from the color of the links......

Got to see how you color coordinate the way you dress! I don't mean to be brash, but, one of us is color blind (could be me). You need lighter (whiter) text, and the links just jump off of the page.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

Fltsimbuff

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2001
"I think the reason that the P4 has such poor FPU performance is because Intel had to leave part of it out because it wouldn’t fit in the current P4’s huge die size."

Give me a Die the size of a pizza box!! I Want more Power!! (Not to mention I wouldn't need my Stove top anymore ;)

--Fltsimbuff