[S] going down a level, immediately getting vault wall rep..

I was playing SlashEM 0.0.7E7 and going down the stairs from level 3 to
level 4, this being my first visit to level 4. I appeared in a normal-
looking 6x7 room - staircase, open door, some holes in the walls in the
lower right corner. Before doing anything I got messages about the walls
repairing themselves. Uh-oh. I saw a blue @ and yes it was a guard.
After a few moves the guard reaches me, I try chatting to him, and:
"Please follow me." The guard hits! [27 pts.] You die...

Uhm... I think I've read about this before and not so long ago but I
can't find the thread now and I can't find anything about it in the
vanilla/SlashEM bugtrackers.
I kept a savefile after entering the level but before getting killed if
that would help anyone.

It seems it did not load a bones level, so that should not be the
problem. What is happening here?

/Kristoffer

--
This cookie has a scrap of paper inside. It reads:
Gurl fnl gung n gva bs jenvgu zrng vf n ener qvavat rkcrevrapr.

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack,misc.misc (More info?)

Kristoffer Björkman wrote:

[vault guard angry, plain room walls heal, at entry
to level]

> Uhm... I think I've read about this before and not
> so long ago but I can't find the thread now

That was mine:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike.nethack/msg/5d9493cfd9eaa338

> It seems it did not load a bones level, so that
> should not be the problem. What is happening here?

In my case, it _was_ a bones level, which I know
since I keep track of bones levels, but I didn't
survive long enough to find the original ghost.

If you use Hearse, we may both be dealing with the
_same_ bones level; that's where I got mine.

FWIW

xanthian.

Kristoffer Björkman wrote:

> After a few moves the guard reaches me, I try chatting to him, and:
> "Please follow me." The guard hits! [27 pts.] You die...
>
> It seems it did not load a bones level, so that should not be the
> problem. What is happening here?

It sounds as if it *was* a bones level. The fact guards don't have
separate dialogue for when they're angry seems like a bug, though.

Kent Paul Dolan wrote:
<snip>
> If you use Hearse, we may both be dealing with the
> _same_ bones level; that's where I got mine.

The OP mentioned it was a Shash'em game. So probably not the same
bones.

-K