Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

YANI: nymphs

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 10:36:34 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Currently kicking trees garners the player lots of fruit or killer bees.
Why not randomly generate a wood nymph who has been awakened while sleeping
in her arboreal home?

More about : yani nymphs

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 2:48:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Haakon Studebaker wrote:

> Currently kicking trees garners the player lots of fruit or killer
> bees. Why not randomly generate a wood nymph who has been awakened
> while sleeping in her arboreal home?

I't been a while, but here's a NI that I like, wouldn't be too
unbalancing, and is easy to implement!

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).

The garden of happiness is surrounded by a wall so low only children
can look over it. - "the Orphanage of Hits", former Dutch radio show.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 11:36:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Haakon Studebaker <heptapod@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9625BD4D44660heptapodyahoocom@216.196.97.131>...
> Currently kicking trees garners the player lots of fruit or killer bees.
> Why not randomly generate a wood nymph who has been awakened while sleeping
> in her arboreal home?

Done.

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~malcolmr/nethack/3.4.3/tree...

Of course this now begs for more interactive between wood nymphs and
trees. They should be able to re-enter uninhabited trees to hide. And
a polymorphed player should be able to do that somehow too, although
I'm not sure what it would look like. Any suggestions?

Malcolm
Related resources
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 2:53:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

malcolmr.google@cse.unsw.edu.au (Malcolm Ryan) wrote in
news:e6fd417e.0503281936.5d6a91dc@posting.google.com:

> Done.
>
> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~malcolmr/nethack/3.4.3/tree...
>
> Of course this now begs for more interactive between wood nymphs and
> trees. They should be able to re-enter uninhabited trees to hide. And
> a polymorphed player should be able to do that somehow too, although
> I'm not sure what it would look like. Any suggestions?
>
> Malcolm
>

How neat.

Actually I'd suggest using the same kind of graphic used for when a
player's character is swallowed by a trapper, purple worm, ochre jelly. As
for peeking out and seeing if anyone is nearby, I have no idea.
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 12:12:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?)

Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> malcolmr.google@cse.unsw.edu.au (Malcolm Ryan) wrote in
> news:e6fd417e.0503281936.5d6a91dc@posting.google.com:
>
>
>>Done.
>>
>>http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~malcolmr/nethack/3.4.3/tree...
>>
>>Of course this now begs for more interactive between wood nymphs and
>>trees. They should be able to re-enter uninhabited trees to hide. And
>>a polymorphed player should be able to do that somehow too, although
>>I'm not sure what it would look like. Any suggestions?
>>
>>Malcolm
>>
>
>
> How neat.
>
> Actually I'd suggest using the same kind of graphic used for when a
> player's character is swallowed by a trapper, purple worm, ochre jelly. As
> for peeking out and seeing if anyone is nearby, I have no idea.

I don't think the inside of a tree resembles the inside of a digestive
system.

Then again, neither does the inside of an air elemental.

--
____ (__)
/ \ (oo) -Shadow
|Moo. > \/
\____/
!