YANI: nymphs

Currently kicking trees garners the player lots of fruit or killer bees.
Why not randomly generate a wood nymph who has been awakened while sleeping
in her arboreal home?
4 answers Last reply
More about yani nymphs

    Haakon Studebaker wrote:

    > Currently kicking trees garners the player lots of fruit or killer
    > bees. Why not randomly generate a wood nymph who has been awakened
    > while sleeping in her arboreal home?

    I't been a while, but here's a NI that I like, wouldn't be too
    unbalancing, and is easy to implement!

    --
    Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).

    Haakon Studebaker <heptapod@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9625BD4D44660heptapodyahoocom@216.196.97.131>...
    > Currently kicking trees garners the player lots of fruit or killer bees.
    > Why not randomly generate a wood nymph who has been awakened while sleeping
    > in her arboreal home?

    Done.

    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~malcolmr/nethack/3.4.3/tree_nymph.diff

    Of course this now begs for more interactive between wood nymphs and
    trees. They should be able to re-enter uninhabited trees to hide. And
    a polymorphed player should be able to do that somehow too, although
    I'm not sure what it would look like. Any suggestions?

    Malcolm

    malcolmr.google@cse.unsw.edu.au (Malcolm Ryan) wrote in

    > Done.
    >
    > http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~malcolmr/nethack/3.4.3/tree_nymph.diff
    >
    > Of course this now begs for more interactive between wood nymphs and
    > trees. They should be able to re-enter uninhabited trees to hide. And
    > a polymorphed player should be able to do that somehow too, although
    > I'm not sure what it would look like. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Malcolm

    How neat.

    Actually I'd suggest using the same kind of graphic used for when a
    player's character is swallowed by a trapper, purple worm, ochre jelly. As
    for peeking out and seeing if anyone is nearby, I have no idea.

    Haakon Studebaker wrote:
    > malcolmr.google@cse.unsw.edu.au (Malcolm Ryan) wrote in
    >

    >>Done.
    >>
    >>http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~malcolmr/nethack/3.4.3/tree_nymph.diff
    >>
    >>Of course this now begs for more interactive between wood nymphs and
    >>trees. They should be able to re-enter uninhabited trees to hide. And
    >>a polymorphed player should be able to do that somehow too, although
    >>I'm not sure what it would look like. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >>Malcolm
    >>

    > How neat.
    >
    > Actually I'd suggest using the same kind of graphic used for when a
    > player's character is swallowed by a trapper, purple worm, ochre jelly. As
    > for peeking out and seeing if anyone is nearby, I have no idea.

    I don't think the inside of a tree resembles the inside of a digestive
    system.

    Then again, neither does the inside of an air elemental.

    --
    ____ (__)
    / \ (oo) -Shadow
    |Moo. > \/