10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Few years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD writer, possibly bluray but doesn't really matter
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Asus seems good. I had an HP but it broke in less than a year. I was looking at Alienware, but they are really expensive
13. What country do you live in? USA Honolulu, Hi
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
-I built a PC a year but have not kept up with the trends and I'm very unfamiliar with Laptop specs. It's seems, for what I've read that the new sandy bridge CPUs are the way to go, but I am unfamiliar with them. I was also thinking about purchasing from xoticpc. Is xoticpc a safe site to purchase from?
If you are willing to spend the money, I think that the Asus G73 would be a good choice. It'll last you awhile performance wise, so the need to buy a new laptop would be a few years down the road at the very least.