Sign in with
Your question
Solved

24" LED HDTV for PC Gaming

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 20, 2012 4:45:36 PM

I saw K-Mart has a 24" LED HDTV on their black friday sale for 88$. Im currently on a box 17" monitor so I really want to go pick it up but I have NO idea if a HDTV will work as a monitor. The HDTV is 1080p 60Hz and 5ms response time. I mainly use my PC for gaming so my question is will I run into any issues? I read somewhere that even if the TV is 1920x1080 it will be smaller when connected to a PC. Any help is very much appreciated!

Link to the TV: http://www.seikidigital.com/proddetail.asp?ProdID=51

More about : led hdtv gaming

Best solution

a b C Monitor
November 20, 2012 6:30:16 PM

You should have no problem using that device as a monitor, as long as your computer has the correct output. From the site you linked it labels HDMI, Component, and VGA as possible connections for this monitor. Ideally you would want to use the highest resolution possible, which for this device is 1080p. I recommend going with a digital connection if possible (HDMI).

Not sure what you mean by the resolution getting smaller while connected to pc. It will be whatever you set it at. It's the same concept as hooking up a cable box, except your using a PC instead =).

With all that said, I can't say I truly recommend that device as a pc monitor. Mostly due to the fact that from what I can gather it appears to be a low quality monitor for the main purpose of bringing people in the door. These types of items typically have lower quality that may not be apparent until later on, such as bad soldering work and crappy capacitors.

Even then, 88 isn't bad, and if your on a budget and want it I wouldn't blame you.

Good luck mate.
November 20, 2012 9:42:49 PM

Best answer selected by bwathke.
November 20, 2012 9:42:54 PM

skaz said:
You should have no problem using that device as a monitor, as long as your computer has the correct output. From the site you linked it labels HDMI, Component, and VGA as possible connections for this monitor. Ideally you would want to use the highest resolution possible, which for this device is 1080p. I recommend going with a digital connection if possible (HDMI).

Not sure what you mean by the resolution getting smaller while connected to pc. It will be whatever you set it at. It's the same concept as hooking up a cable box, except your using a PC instead =).

With all that said, I can't say I truly recommend that device as a pc monitor. Mostly due to the fact that from what I can gather it appears to be a low quality monitor for the main purpose of bringing people in the door. These types of items typically have lower quality that may not be apparent until later on, such as bad soldering work and crappy capacitors.

Even then, 88 isn't bad, and if your on a budget and want it I wouldn't blame you.

Good luck mate.

Yeah Im on a pretty strict budget but if I find a 1080p monitor for that cheap I will of course go for it =P. Thanks for the fast answer!
!