Review for HP DV6-3123TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

navneetjain1

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Hello,
I am planning to purchase HP DV6-3123TX. However, got the news that HP has stopped the production of this model due to heating issues. This model is still avaialable in market. Not sure whether to opt this or not. Further it has Windows 7 OS, that takes 80GB of memory. Kindly suggest me about this model. If not this then any other laptop to opt for.

Thanks
Navneet

What are you looking to spend and where do you want to buy a laptop from, i.e. online?

I'd probably stay away for it if it is having overheating issues. I had a tx model a few years back that died from overheating after roughly a year. In other words, those models are notorious for heat issues and in the end will cause you more trouble than they are worth. Go with a different brand.

navneetjain1

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Thansk Kevin for your reply. I would like to purchase it through some dealer. Suggest me some other brand. I want to use lappy for entertainment purpose plus some official work. which one are you using currently..?

navneetjain1

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Hi Maziar,

Kindly advice me in finding my laptop..

4GB RAM
500GB Hard Drive
1GB Graphic Card
15.6" screen

1. What is your budget - Rs. 50K

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering- 15.6 inches screen

3. What screen resolution do you want -

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop - No

5. How much battery life do you need - 3-5 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High) - Yes and that would be either Low or Med

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) - Basically for entertainment purpose like watching movies and sometimes for official use

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need - 500GB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. - no specific site.. Planning to purchase it from some dealer.. cannot rely on purchasing online

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop- with me forever

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

HP - brand name and look wise better than other brands.. Opting for DV6-3123TX.. But I havent heard good about HP laptops.
Dell - My friends are using this and no complaints..
Sony Waio - again a brand name but sound quality is not so good.. moreover bit expensive and lesser configuration

13. What country do you live in - India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. - I want lappy to have good looks too, addition to good configuration..

Kindlly suggest me some good models..

Thanks

shwetanshu

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Well if you could strech your budget a little bit and ready to settle for a 14inch screen.Then the best bet will be Dell XPS14

Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)
Intel® Core™ i7-740QM Processor(1.73GHz,4Core/8Threads,turbo boost up to 2.93Ghz,6M cache)
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (1 x 4GB)
500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Tray Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 425M (for Core-i7 processors)
6 Cell Primary Battery
Dell™ Keyboard with Touchpad (English)
Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium 64bit (English) DVD Media
No Carrying Case
1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year CompleteCover
1 Year Dell Online Backup 2GB
14.0 HD WLED TL (1366x768)
Intel Wireless Network Card 6200
Dell(TM) Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Internal mini-card
DataSafe Local Basic
JBL 2.0 Speakers + Waves MaxxAudio® enhancement
6W peak audio performance 2 x 3W
World's first camera with Hi-Definition Video Streaming with Skype (2.0MP, H.264 Camera)
9-in-1 card reader
1 x HDMI 1.4,supporting 3D output for 3D Bly Ray,3D Video Streaming and Gaming as well as 5.1 Audio
Biometric - Fast Access Facial Recognition

Rs53,900

As sandybridge will be arriving even late in India so you may have to wait 2-3 months for it to arrive in Dell.Lenovo already started selling it but stopped due to the Intel recall.Its a beast in that budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.