Best HD monitor for System and Size

bigrikk

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hello all, I have currently just ordered the bits for a pc (I5 2500k with Sapphire 2gb HD 6950 Card). I am looking for a decent monitor to go with this and am limited to a certain space for the time being and would appreciate any ideas. I am in the UK and wish to spend around £100 max. Any ideas on best monitor for general gaming and video editing (photoshop, 3ds studio max)

Resttrictions on size are 19inch width 17inch in height.

I have been looking at this one listed below but any recommendations would be awesome as got a lot of help off this site that has saved me time and money and allowed me to upgrade a little.

http://www.ebuyer.com/242153-viewsonic-va2014w-display-va2014w

Thanks

Rikk :D

for that budget a va or e-ips would probably be best.

considering your budget you're probably looking at a 1920x1080. the x1200 models are a bit better but would probably blow your budget. personally i think 4:3 ratio monitors are way better for that line of work than the new widescreen ones.

it might not hurt looking at other posts like "what monitor should i buy" as we have listed all the ins and outs of what to look for many times over. using the search function and getting familiar first saves us alot of time in posting repetitive information. also we might not mention every item every time so its good research.

happy hunting.

bigrikk

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Cheers bud, looked at a few but most of reviews seem to be for 24 inch but will have a ganders.

Thanks

Rikk :D

i wasnt speaking of just reviews, i was speaking of other posts like yours on this forum. most of the time generalized advice is offered which will help you understand what is out there. you still have to do all the research yourself but at least you will go into it better informed.