What is the Difference Between an HP Deskjet and a HP Photosmart?

Solid_Snake3

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
I want to get a printer for my dad, so I looked at two series of HP printers: the Deskjet and the Photosmart. The Deskjet 3520 and the Photosmart 5520 to be exact. My dad will mainly print documents, certificates, reports, letters, etc. But he will occasionally print color images, and he want's them to be printed in high quality.
So, after knowing all these, which one should I buy?
(I need a good answer quick because I saw the two printers on sale in Newegg for Black Friday)

Solution
As the name implies, Photosmart models are designed for photo-quality output, whereas Deskjet models are general purpose printers.

One of the main physical differences is the ink cartridges they use. Those for the Photosmart models are filled with inks which are specially formulated for realistic photo output and resistance to colour-shift.
As the name implies, Photosmart models are designed for photo-quality output, whereas Deskjet models are general purpose printers.

One of the main physical differences is the ink cartridges they use. Those for the Photosmart models are filled with inks which are specially formulated for realistic photo output and resistance to colour-shift.

Solution