a small YANI

It's object identification oriented in nature.

Blessed and uncursed potions of levitation should have zero weight. Cursed
potions of levitation should weigh the same as a normal potion.

The effect is probably too miniscule to be noticeable by the player.

Haakon Studebaker <heptapod@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns962C8FAF42F93heptapodyahoocom@216.196.97.131>...
> It's object identification oriented in nature.
>
> Blessed and uncursed potions of levitation should have zero weight. Cursed
> potions of levitation should weigh the same as a normal potion.
>
> The effect is probably too miniscule to be noticeable by the player.

My immediate response is that I like it.

But, logically, if an object has zero weight, it should float up
through the air and hover somewhere around the ceiling (just like YOU
do when you drink the potion.)

That being said, NHINRL and doesn't have to be logical...

Artemis the Ranger

wcristalle@hotmail.com (Artemis the Ranger) wrote in

> But, logically, if an object has zero weight, it should float up
> through the air and hover somewhere around the ceiling (just like YOU
> do when you drink the potion.)
>
> That being said, NHINRL and doesn't have to be logical...

Then I'll be logical. The weight of the glass containing the levitation
potion counteracts the weightlessness!

Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> wcristalle@hotmail.com (Artemis the Ranger) wrote in
>

>>But, logically, if an object has zero weight, it should float up
>>through the air and hover somewhere around the ceiling (just like YOU
>>do when you drink the potion.)
>>
>>That being said, NHINRL and doesn't have to be logical...
>

> Then I'll be logical. The weight of the glass containing the levitation
> potion counteracts the weightlessness!

And the levitation potion should be autoidentified when you see it
because you notice the liquid is at the top of the bottle, not the bottom.

--
____ (__)
/ \ (oo) -Shadow
\____/

Shadow wrote:
> And the levitation potion should be autoidentified when you see it
> because you notice the liquid is at the top of the bottle, not the bottom.

Unless, of course, all potion bottles are completely full, so you can't
tell which way the potion is 'falling', so to speak.

--
Erin

Shadow wrote:
> Haakon Studebaker wrote:
>> Then I'll be logical. The weight of the glass containing the
>> levitation potion counteracts the weightlessness!
>
> And the levitation potion should be autoidentified when you see it
> because you notice the liquid is at the top of the bottle, not the bottom.

Not really. Does a liquor bottle stagger around?
The effect of a potion when ingested doesn't have to be present on the
bottle itself.

1KB

Adam Borowski wrote:
> Shadow wrote:
>
>> Haakon Studebaker wrote:
>>
>>> Then I'll be logical. The weight of the glass containing the
>>> levitation potion counteracts the weightlessness!
>>

>> And the levitation potion should be autoidentified when you see it
>> because you notice the liquid is at the top of the bottle, not the
>> bottom.
>

> Not really. Does a liquor bottle stagger around?
> The effect of a potion when ingested doesn't have to be present on the
> bottle itself.
>
> 1KB

Either you're replying to the wrong post (Haakon and Artemis the Ranger
were the ones that suggested the levitation potion would float), or you
don't really understand that I said nothing to imply that the stuff
inside the bottle should float, only that it should autoidentify if it does.

--
____ (__)
/ \ (oo) -Shadow
\____/