Hp dv6 3123TX heating and slow speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar789

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Hello,
I bought a Hp dv6 3123 TX 2 months ago. Win 7, 4 GB RAM, Core i5, 640 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI mobility radeon.
The laptop gets really heated up after normal working of about 2 hrs. The startup has been slow ever since I bought it. Now the Shutdown is really slow too. System takes up some time after booting to catch up speed. The speed is often really slow. I use Microsoft Security Essentials for an Antivirus.
The Performance tools show 100s of files slowing down the booting process (donno how to fix it).
Someone please help !

loksredd

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Hi
This is a problem with most dediacted graphics laptops.
Try these
1. If a graphics switch is available try to run on intel hd graphics instead of the dedicated unless really required
2. Keep the base free for ventilation on a hollow or flat surface instead of your lap or bed where ventilation is compromised
3. try using a cooling pad
4. get the company person to check the heat sink if it does not come down significantly after these

loksredd

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
and for the slow shut down

1. Avoid shutting down everytime, instead hibernate. shut down only when you install or uninstall an update or a software
2. Clear all the restore points except for the ones you really require this will speed up your system
3. Make drive partitions and keep your os drive only for os, and try not to store additional data on this drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS