Manuel

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Khia Val-Hum-Fem-Law

Current stats: St:18 Dx:15 Co:18 In:10 Wi:10 Ch:9
Hp:126(126) Pw:27(27) Xp:13 AC:-6

I already have:
Mjollnir + Gauntlets of Power, Frost Brand
Bag of Holding
Oilskin Cloak
Unicorn horn
lizard corpses
cold, sleep, poison, fire resistance
intrinsic invisibility

I don't have:
Speed Boots
Reflection
Magic resistance

I don't usually get this far in ghe game (once I got to the
Quest with a Wizard, but accidentally hit Neferet the Green).
Since I was level 12 when I reached the Quest Home, I needed
to gain two levels. I blessed and quaffed my only !oGL and
dived further down into the dungeon hunting for XP.

Now in Dlvl 14 I have found a throne room, and I think it
will be relatively easy to kill all the monsters:
1 Olol-hai
1 Ice Troll
1 Stone Giant
3 Centaurs (Mountains, Plains and Forest)
11 (eleven) bugbears
18 assorted orcs and gnomes

Assuming I get a wish from the throne, what should I ask for?
My first choice now is an Amulet of Reflection, but I'm also
thinking of a Cloak of MR or SDSM (I think Speed Boots are less
important). I already have Mojo&GoP and BoH.

I am somewhat reluctant to wishing for artifacts (moreover,
at least 3 of them have already appeared in the game), but I
would still consider it.

What would you ask for?

--
Manuel

On 2005-04-04, Manuel <manuel.matias@gmail.com> wrote:
> Assuming I get a wish from the throne, what should I ask for?
> My first choice now is an Amulet of Reflection, but I'm also
> thinking of a Cloak of MR or SDSM (I think Speed Boots are less
> important). I already have Mojo&GoP and BoH.
>
> I am somewhat reluctant to wishing for artifacts (moreover,
> at least 3 of them have already appeared in the game), but I
> would still consider it.
>
> What would you ask for?

I find throne wishes to be pretty infrequent, but
either MR or reflection is a must- so id go with either

1) GDSM
2) Amulet of reflection
3) Speed boots

OR

1) SDSM
2) Cloak of magic resistance
3) speed boots

in that order..
--
Andrew D. Hilton
UPenn Phd Student

"Manuel" <manuel.matias@gmail.com> writes:

> Assuming I get a wish from the throne, what should I ask for?
> My first choice now is an Amulet of Reflection, but I'm also
> thinking of a Cloak of MR or SDSM (I think Speed Boots are less
> important).

Your AC of -6 needs improvement, hence I'd go for SDSM.
Lack of MR usually does not hurt too badly befor the
castle (but that's just a rule of my thumb), while
dragons and those annoying soldiers here and there
will be a burden without Reflection. I agree on
speed being of less importance, and if possible I
always delay wishes for non-dragon-armor until after
the castle, since you'll almost always find some magical
armor there.

Best,
Jakob

Manuel wrote:

> Since I was level 12 when I reached the Quest Home, I needed
> to gain two levels. I blessed and quaffed my only !oGL and
> dived further down into the dungeon hunting for XP.

Wrong order! Dive for EXP first, then quaff your potion when you reach
level 13. Means you have to gain only half the EXP.

--
Boudewijn Waijers (kroisos at home.nl).