Sign in with
Your question

I Just got an AXIA Chip... Now what?

Last response: in CPUs
May 15, 2001 10:14:12 PM

I ordered a t-bird 1.2 ghz processor cause of an incedent with my p3 and a hacksaw :lol:  I got it today and noticed I got one of those famous AXIA chips.... I didn't really plan on over clocking but I am curious about it... Just how far can you push these babies?

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

More about : axia chip

May 15, 2001 11:09:17 PM

Get a good cooler and you may get 1.5 out of it, 1.4 easily... :wink:

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details
May 15, 2001 11:26:47 PM

if you got an AXIA with a '9' on the last line your avg. overclock should be about 1.46 Ghz, if its a 'Y' then your avg overclock should be about 1.4 Ghz

have fun!

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 16, 2001 7:32:13 AM

I thought the ones with letters overclock better.

Sh!t Happens.
May 16, 2001 9:29:03 AM

I think it was the numbers. I have an AVIA with a 'Y'
and it and I remember thinking to myself.. "hey not bad,
only lost 50Mhz on the avg overclock"

May 16, 2001 11:05:04 AM

Hehe... The plot thickens... I just checked out the L1 bridges and they are already connected.... Kinda ironic since I wasn't even planning on over clocking... May have to change those plans though. :smile: Now all I need is my swifttech mc370, Asus A7m, and crucial ddr ram to come in... CPU is pretty useless with out that stuff, does a good job of looking pretty on my shelf right now.. Ironically enough they shipped in in a p4 plastic container :lol: 

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless
May 16, 2001 11:50:46 AM

Why go for DDR? A KT133A chipset with some good PC150 RAM is terrific..

with the multiplier already unlocked you can look forward
getting 1.4-1.5 depending on your setup out of your chip.

have fun!

May 16, 2001 11:57:42 AM

hey cool.. gotta unlock this chip now and
see if I can hit that 1460 mark!! :) 

May 16, 2001 12:30:30 PM

Well the a7m won;t take ne thing but ddr.. Did I mess up? lol... This is my first amd set up and I don't really know jiggity-jank about it... I just heard the a7m was a good board, aside the via south bridge large file bug, which isn't an issue to me cause I have a promise fast trak card :smile:

!