Help! Problems installing FOP38

G

Please help.

I am trying to install a Global WIN FOP38 CPU Cooler on my Celeron 566. The FOP38 has a two part clip, and the small piece keeps popping off once the clip is engaged. Is there some sort or trick to this, or should I return the cooler.

Thanks,
Velvett

G

Just put it on that it won't fall off the CPU (otherwise it will FRY!)
If you don't like noise then turn it back! I always wanted to OClock my Athlon 800 and when I bought FOP38 I realized that it is VERY LOUD!!!! So I didn't O'clock the CPU and have my old good stadard fan and heatsink...put some thermal paste on CPU

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It's simple. Keep the fan, it works great. Here's how I do it.

1. Just place the hs on the chip and let it sit there by itself. Make sure it's lined up nicely.

2. Holding the hs in place with one hand, use the other to engage the small clip all the way; the hs will tilt to that side slightly, it's alright.

3. Still holding the hs where it is as best you can, take a small screwdriver and push down the large clip on the other side. Clip it on and voila!

Another computer wanted. Donations accepted. :^)

G

Thanks for your responses...

I complete your instructions down to this point...

3. Still holding the hs where it is as best you can, take a small screwdriver and push down the large clip on the other side. Clip it on and voila!

(Please note that the clip is firmly engaged at either side.) Then, the second smaller part of the clip pops off of the larger part! (And NOT off of the plastic base that holds the CPU.) Please note that this is currently a 2 part clip, unlike the single clip used in the stock Intel CPU cooler. Perhaps my clip is defective?

G

Hmmmm, when I installed mine that little hinged part that you push on with the screw driven certainly didn't seem to be removable. Sounds brocken to me.

I AM Canadian.