Checking Your Pentium 4 FPU

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
for the interested only!, Ace's hardware has a link to a prog that will <A HREF="http://www.aceshard.com" target="_new">check </A> if you're in FOPCODE compatibility mode.

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
I thought you were one of those few people arguing against trolling and flaming. I guess not.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
hmmmm... Flaming your a great amd user AeroSnoop... NOT !!!... Go back to your K5 75mhz w/ 32mb edo

:redface: :cool: :eek: :frown: :lol: :mad: :smile: :tongue: :wink:
The only nice Intel guy.

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
I believe you misdirected your reply. Neither me nor AMDMeltdown flamed or even compared the P4 and the Athlon in this thread. This thread is directed solely at P4 owners. Perhaps some folks would be more comfortable with an AMD CPU forum and an Intel CPU forum, but this forum is intended for both.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
That's just speculation. Not only that, it doesn't have much to do with the topic of this thread. This thread provides valuable information whether there are two people with Pentium 4 CPUs or one million. Your post sounded to me a bit like a "Your kind isn't welcome here" post.

-Raystonn

stonerboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually, looking over Intels outlook for this quarter, Intel is on track to sale between 1 and 3 million P4's depending on the analyst.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Agreed, whatever the intention, Aero's post definitely sounded like it was being a put down to P4 and AMDmeltdown, without any prior inference from AMDm.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
Intel sold it's 1 millionth Pentium 4 CPU during the 1st quarter. It's currently exactly in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

-Raystonn

stonerboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yea, what I mean is that this quarter alone they are expected to sale between 1 and 3 million.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life: It goes on." -Robert Frost