XPS 1340 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

huhwhat

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Hi,
I have a Dell XPS 1340 laptop that has some really peculiar symptoms.

A. The screen works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. When it works, it works for along time and I have noticed that it is usually when the battery is in need of being charged.

B. When the screen doesn't work I can still see the items on the screen but they are incredibly dim. I can make out the shapes but I can not read anything. If I hook it up to an external monitor it works fine.

C. The battery charger has a blue light to indicate that it is plugged in. After the battery is fully charged this light starts to become dim and then goes out all together. The computer then shows that it is unplugged , but it is not.
I have to unplug the charger and plug it back in , in order for the blue light to come back on and the computer to recognize that the power cable is plugged in.

D. Sometimes it will not start at all, It takes several attempts to start it, and i often get an error that my computer was unable to start. attempt start repair tool.

E. I have a suspicion that one of the short people in my house may have dropped it, but of course no one is fessing up to it.

Any help is appreciated.

huhwhat

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Quick update:
I have been using the computer without the battery and have had no problems with the plug or startup. But the monitor still isn't working. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.