MN-700 Loses DSL Connection

My new MN-700 will lose its connection to my DSL modem if there is no
network activity for 15 minutes or so. When I try to browse to a page,
after 30 seconds or so I get an error about the page being unavailable. But
if I then refresh, the page comes right up.

The MN-700 is connected to my DSL modem by ethernet, and my WinXP PC is
connected to the MN-700 via ethernet.

I have all the current software and firmware for the MN-700. Any ideas?

Shooty

drew

I just had similar network connection drop issues every 3
to 5 mins. I found a tip on page 3 of this forum ( Under
thread titled Microsoft Wireless Kit, (MN-700;MN-710))
that led me to page 30 of the Users Guide for the MN-700.
It walks you through disabling 802.1x authentication in
the windows xp operating system. It worked for me on XP
Pro with Service Pack 2. If my reply to that specific
thread (mentioned above) ever shows up in this forum, it
will tell you the steps to take as I typed them out. Hope
this helps you out.

--
Drew

"Drew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just had similar network connection drop issues every 3
> to 5 mins. I found a tip on page 3 of this forum ( Under
> thread titled Microsoft Wireless Kit, (MN-700;MN-710))
> that led me to page 30 of the Users Guide for the MN-700.
> It walks you through disabling 802.1x authentication in
> the windows xp operating system. It worked for me on XP
> Pro with Service Pack 2. If my reply to that specific
> thread (mentioned above) ever shows up in this forum, it
> will tell you the steps to take as I typed them out. Hope
> this helps you out.
>
> --
> Drew

Thank you Drew, I will follow your advice.

Shooty