Sign in with
Your question

Desktop wont boot past slash screen

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 18, 2013 4:46:39 PM

okay this is my problem, my gateway 5260 stopped booting past the splash screen or loading screen in all instances...startup repair, loading windows normally and safe mode. It did this gradually first loading into safe mode and startup repair and now nothing boots up... i have changed my RAM... tried a recovery disk... tried himen's boot cd and trinity rescue kit 3.4...... tried windows defender scan.. no viruses... no RAM errors...

really need help on this please offer assistance
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 7:21:28 PM

Test the hard drive with the drive maker's diagnostic software for DOS which loads from a bootable CD, it's an ISO file which you can download via the links here:
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Boot your Gateway from that CD and the testing software will open. There's usually an option to test with either a short or long test. The long test is more accurate.

Judging by your post, you don't need any advice on how to create a CD from an ISO file.
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2013 9:08:02 PM

update

i changed my hard disk drive BIOS setting from RAID to AHCI... now i can get into startup repair...
It says that the repair was successful... but now I'm in a startup loop....
m
l
January 18, 2013 9:48:59 PM

now im testing the hardrive.. hope there are no errors
m
l
January 19, 2013 1:05:12 AM

no errors on hardrive... and no errors after sfc scan....now doing a memory diagnostic again
m
l
!