4 points why athlon is the better chip

G

# 1 better performance
# 4 lower price

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jenspetersen on 05/17/01 03:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
#1 better performance
#4 lower price

hey! you're missing 2 and 3 lol! you're a marketing guy right? I can tell. :)

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

G

Ahahahaha monkeys they are so silly eh meltdown???

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

G

Umm, do you need an editor? Here, I'll do it for you:

# 1 better performance
# 2 lower price

That's better! BTW, you might preview your posts

Aklein

Life is hard...Live with it.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yep it's so funny too, the guy doesn't bother to mention the physical properties that make it attractive, only the price and performance.

don't get me wrong now, I guess that;s all a someone would need to make him reach for there pocket, that's perfectly fine.

but, I'm more of a give me: "reliability, compatability, stability and *resonable* price" kind of guy, I guess those are the most important 4 points to look for when you are doing work and not play.

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

stonerboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I agree with you AmdMeltdown. I am the same type of guy. I can sum your 4 points up in 10 points:

1)reliability
3)compatibility
6)stability
10)price

yup, those are the 10 points of buying an Intel chip.

please note the sarcasm aimed at jenspeterson in this post.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned in life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

G

LOL Meltdown, your four points "reliability, compatability, stability and *resonable* price" are just as much "physical properties" as "only price and performance." Physical properties would be the CPU is square (oooo, I like that) the core is blue (whoah! my favorite color) It says Athlon on it! (Awesome!)

As far as your 4 points goes, AMD has all them. AMD cpus are reliable, compatible, stabile, and even more "*resonable*" priced. Granted VIA chipsets are not always stable, but is that AMD's fault? There is the AMD760 chipset with no issues.

Also AMD CPU's are great for "doing work and not play." Ummm, okay, but remember the P4 has <i>great</i> Quake 3 performance, which sounds like its great for play. It's interesting to notice that that's about all it performs well in.

Through your analysis AMDMeltdown, you have convinced me that AMD is better. It has all four of your points: "reliability, compatability, stability and *resonable* price," and since I'm a, "I guess those are the most important 4 points to look for when you are doing work and not play," kind of guy I wholly agree with you. AMD has all of those things you mentioned; it is the superior choice.

Aklein
Why are there so many stupid people? What do they teach our children in schools today.

PS:AMDMeltdown, you might want to try a spell checker. Just a friendly hint.

G

stonerboy: "please note the sarcasm aimed at AMDMeltdown in my previous post."

Aklein

G

hey! you're missing 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 lol! you're a marketing guy right? I can tell. :) (And I thought jenspeterson had problems in math)

please note the sarcasm aimed at AMDMeltdown and stonerboy in this post.

Aklein

G

hmmmm...you seem to be a bright guy, didnt you get the joke? ever hear about Athlon 4?

and to you meltdown: 14 is a hard age, isnt it?

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Hmmm...you're probably between grade school and junior high, and you try to judge a chip. Kind of explains your rather poor judgment calls.

And don't try to tell me you're some kid prodigy, because you're not that smart. You've made that quite clear many times.

And how old is SpudMuffin, I wonder? Two, three years?

Oh, wait, T-bird systems are not stable, compatible, and reliable? I guess nobody told my <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=5092" target="_new">system</A> that.

Kelledin

bash-2.04$ kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
See, the even sadder thing is that AmdMeltdown is 30 something, not 12... That's what's even worse. Poor guy.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Well, either he's 30 something, or he's not an "amd systems integrator." 12 years old and with an attitude problem--I doubt anyone would hire an idiot like that to build so much as a house of cards.

Kelledin

bash-2.04$ kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

G

Oh yes, I got the joke, the problem was, two of the four points were missing, so I helped you out and sliced it down to two :)

Aklein

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
I am so glad to know that a 12 year old runs his mouth about AMD being crap....

Amdmeltdown.....how many amd systems have you built?

it would be nice to know how old spudmuffin is.

96.3 % of Statistics are made up.