Need QUIET 300W Power Supply!

FUNCTOR

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I put together my first system for myself back in January. I have an AMD 1.1ghz, Asus A7V, Geforce 2 Ultra, 256 Mb Ram, yada yada yada, and a cheap 45$ CDN (30$) 300W power supply. The power suplly doesn't even have any stickers on it telling what it is, or what brand or anything. It works just fine in my system, but the fan is just WAY TOO LOUD! I can barely hear my TV over it!

Does anyone know of a 300W power supply (preferably AMD recommended) that is whisper quiet???

All things must surely have to end...
Functor

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
I hear the human body can give out in excess of that much power in heat.

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.pcpowercooling.com/" target="_new">PC Power & Cooling</A> makes some of the best desktop power supplies I've seen, and they have a line of ultra-quiet power supplies up to something like 400W. I know of one of their power supplies that's on the AMD approved list. I don't think it's from their ultra-quiet line, but in general, all their power supplies are of excellent quality.

Kelledin

bash-2.04$ kill -9 1
init: Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Only way to go is the Enermax !! can find em on directon.con 4 sure but check Pricewatch first.. outstanding PS's rated tops and they make a "whisper" quiet series too

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>