Low memory alert.

Garmould84

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hi,

I hope anyone can help me with this. I have 2gb of ram. and every time i go to IE, fire fox, i get this warning saying low memory. i dont know how to disable that warning. everytime it comes up it crash and close all the pages. I would like to disable it for now unto i can get more memory put in. this MB can support up to 8gb. atm i have 2 sticks of 1gb.

if there is anyway you can help me it be really greatful thanks.

Garmould

msconfig...start up..disable everything but anti virus.
run ccleaner and defragler.
run a new anti virus that has low memory foot print.

Garmould84

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Thank you very much for a reply..

I have done cccleaner and msconfig still geting the warning. I have norton anti virus scan. is any chance free avg low memory foot print?

Is this a laptop or desktop computer? It's possible you could have a bad stick of memory.

I would recommend creating a Hirens Boot CD and utilize some of the options available to attempt to resolve your issue by running a program called memtest86+ on the computer and see if it kicks up any errors.

Garmould84

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Thanks for your reply. I have fix the problem by reinstalling windows. it fix the problem.

Also I have did the ram troubleshoot and there is no problems with the ram I also have tooken out 2 sticks of ram from my other computer and stick it in the computer and did the same problem. What i think but i could be wrong. On the hp desktop has no Video card only on board video. I think the video was useing alot of ram. my Mom plays farmville 2 and farmtown on 2 browsers IE and firefox. And having nortons anti virus scan installed ran the memory down alot. sence i install a diff kind of anti virus scan that has low memory foot print. The warning low memory hasnt show up yet. I think im gonna eather get more ram. or buy a video card I dont know how im gonna get a video card for this desktop it's small form case. but ill fine a low profile one.

hedwar2011,

Where can i get memtest86+, is it at downloads.com?
But i would give it a try and see what happens.

Thank you very much for your support :)

Garmould

You can get memtest86+ and other testing tools below:
Hirens Boot CD