Selling off old laptop parts? Satellite Pro A200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukee1593

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Hi folks;

As I posted previously I had issues with a Toshiba Satellite Pro A200, well I decided to give up trying to find out what the problem is and get a new computer ...

Now I've pulled apart the old Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 and am looking at what can be reused or sold onto someone else, and what has to be sent for recycling.

Out of the computer I've salvaged;
- the Screen (It has an Intel controller card + a large socket attached. )
- The HDD which I can make use of personally
- The CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo T5700 (1.8Ghz, 65nm, socket mPGA478))
- The GPU Card - This part seems to be a separate card that slots into the motherboard via a many pinned slot and contains an ATI Radeon 2400 GPU and 256Mb of DDR2 RAM.
- The RAM - 2 1Gb sticks of Kingston DDR2
- The DVD-Burner - Matsushita DVD Dual Layer Burner
- The Battery which is used but still works. 10.8 volt 3 cell Li-ion
- The case with the track-pad in it which I assume still works. The keyboard broke on removal!
- The Motherboard which I assume is faulty and was causing the issue all along.

I'm asking which of these pieces can I sell on/ give away to people who might be able to use them and which pieces I cannot and where I can dispose of the pieces that cannot be removed. Please note that I am in Australia and we have Ebay Australia to sell/buy these sort of items.

Thanks in advance!

Luke

stretchnz

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Hi any chance you still have this ?
I need a favour - I am in New Zealand and have lost the hard drive cover, small plastic part for a friends laptop
any chance you have that and would be willing to sell / ship to me in New Zealand ?

Thanks in advance - e-mail me at lostkeewee@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.