Druid Shape Question

Ok, I noticed that the 3.5 edition Druid gets Plant Shape at higher levels.
In the Epic Level Handbook there is an Epic Feat called Plant Wild Shape.
Now it seems to me that this Epic Feat would be useless to a Druid as they
get it as one of their Wild Shapes. Is this true, or is there something I am
missing?

Thanks in advance ^_^

P.S. I also looked at the SRD for Epic Feats as well

GothicMidnight <shadow@realm.net> writes
>Ok, I noticed that the 3.5 edition Druid gets Plant Shape at higher
>levels. In the Epic Level Handbook there is an Epic Feat called Plant
>Wild Shape. Now it seems to me that this Epic Feat would be useless to
>a Druid as they get it as one of their Wild Shapes. Is this true, or is
>there something I am missing?
>
>Thanks in advance ^_^
>
>P.S. I also looked at the SRD for Epic Feats as well

Prereq for Plant Wild Shape was updated under 3.5 to be: Knowledge
(nature) 24 ranks, Wild Shape 4/day. This means that an epic character
with 10 levels of druid, or wild shape from some other source, could
take this feat (plant wild shape is gained at Drd 12th).

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

In message <awhWd.462$Le2.6177@nasal.pacific.net.au>, Geoff Watson
<geoffwatson@pacific.net.au> writes

>"GothicMidnight" <shadow@realm.net> wrote in message
>> Ok, I noticed that the 3.5 edition Druid gets Plant Shape at higher
>levels.
>> In the Epic Level Handbook there is an Epic Feat called Plant Wild Shape.
>> Now it seems to me that this Epic Feat would be useless to a Druid as they
>> get it as one of their Wild Shapes. Is this true, or is there something I
>am
>> missing?
>>
>Epic Level Handbook is 3.0 and outdated.

It's covered by the 3.5E Update Booklet, with which it is not outdated.

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

"GothicMidnight" <shadow@realm.net> wrote in message
> Ok, I noticed that the 3.5 edition Druid gets Plant Shape at higher
levels.
> In the Epic Level Handbook there is an Epic Feat called Plant Wild Shape.
> Now it seems to me that this Epic Feat would be useless to a Druid as they
> get it as one of their Wild Shapes. Is this true, or is there something I
am
> missing?

Epic Level Handbook is 3.0 and outdated.

Geoff.

"Ian R Malcomson" <ian@domicus.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> GothicMidnight <shadow@realm.net> writes
>>Ok, I noticed that the 3.5 edition Druid gets Plant Shape at higher
>>levels. In the Epic Level Handbook there is an Epic Feat called Plant Wild
>>Shape. Now it seems to me that this Epic Feat would be useless to a Druid
>>as they get it as one of their Wild Shapes. Is this true, or is there
>>something I am missing?
>>
>>Thanks in advance ^_^
>>
>>P.S. I also looked at the SRD for Epic Feats as well
>
> Prereq for Plant Wild Shape was updated under 3.5 to be: Knowledge
> (nature) 24 ranks, Wild Shape 4/day. This means that an epic character
> with 10 levels of druid, or wild shape from some other source, could take
> this feat (plant wild shape is gained at Drd 12th).

BINGO!!! That makes perfect sense, thanks ^_^

So in essence, both abilites, the Feat and the Druid Class Feature, are
identical in function?

In message <jfrWd.1773$oO4.1321@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
GothicMidnight <shadow@realm.net> writes
>"Ian R Malcomson" <ian@domicus.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> GothicMidnight <shadow@realm.net> writes
>>>Ok, I noticed that the 3.5 edition Druid gets Plant Shape at higher
>>>levels. In the Epic Level Handbook there is an Epic Feat called Plant
>>>Wild Shape. Now it seems to me that this Epic Feat would be useless
>>>to a Druid as they get it as one of their Wild Shapes. Is this true,
>>>or is there something I am missing?
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance ^_^
>>>
>>>P.S. I also looked at the SRD for Epic Feats as well
>>
>> Prereq for Plant Wild Shape was updated under 3.5 to be: Knowledge
>>(nature) 24 ranks, Wild Shape 4/day. This means that an epic
>>character with 10 levels of druid, or wild shape from some other
>>source, could take this feat (plant wild shape is gained at Drd 12th).
>>

>BINGO!!! That makes perfect sense, thanks ^_^
>
>So in essence, both abilites, the Feat and the Druid Class Feature, are
>identical in function?

Yep, that's pretty much the case. Personally, I'd favour dropping the
Knowledge (nature) ranks to 15, and drop the epic status completely.
This would make it more available to nonepic characters taking PrC
levels that provide wild shape abilities, while keeping it (with the
ranks) around a 12th-level feature. By giving it as a standard class
feature to druids, it doesn't sit comfortably with me as an epic
potential ability anymore.

--

> In message <jfrWd.1773$oO4.1321@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> GothicMidnight <shadow@realm.net> writes
>>"Ian R Malcomson" <ian@domicus.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> GothicMidnight <shadow@realm.net> writes

>>> Prereq for Plant Wild Shape was updated under 3.5 to be: Knowledge
>>> (nature) 24 ranks, Wild Shape 4/day. This means that an epic character
>>> with 10 levels of druid, or wild shape from some other source, could
>>> take this feat (plant wild shape is gained at Drd 12th).
>>>

>>BINGO!!! That makes perfect sense, thanks ^_^
>>
>>So in essence, both abilites, the Feat and the Druid Class Feature, are
>>identical in function?
>
> Yep, that's pretty much the case. Personally, I'd favour dropping the
> Knowledge (nature) ranks to 15, and drop the epic status completely. This
> would make it more available to nonepic characters taking PrC levels that
> provide wild shape abilities, while keeping it (with the ranks) around a
> 12th-level feature. By giving it as a standard class feature to druids,
> it doesn't sit comfortably with me as an epic potential ability anymore.

I completely agree that it should be removed as an epic feat, it should be a
regular feat.