any advice for a samurai?

For the tenth time I reached the castle with my samurai.

I figure that he has it all worked out but I want to make absolutely sure
with the folks here on r.g.r.n..

amulet of reflection
+3 black dragon scale mail
+4 fireproof speed boots
+3 fireproof cloak of magic resistance
+0 thoroughly rusty orcish helm
+0 rustproof gauntlets of power

+4 points of protection from the Minetown priestess of Susanowo

-16 armor class

lots of scrolls of teleportation (yes i know castle is no teleport)

ring of teleport control
ring of levitation
cursed ring of slow digestion

wand of lightning
4 wands of digging
3 wands of teleportation

magic lamp
unihorn
skeleton key
blindfold

I know he has intrinsic telepathy and teleportation.

The game has been saved because an arch-lich decided to do a summon storm
in a corridor near the stairs from Medusa. There's another arch-lich
hiding behind a boulder who will be dealt with once Kuresu heals up.

Nevermind, a stupid minotaur iced him a few seconds ago.

Now Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> Nevermind, a stupid minotaur iced him a few seconds ago.

A two-minutes time span is quite short to obtain advice for survival! :cool:

(Next time wait at least *five* minutes before you continue playing. ;-)

Janis

Haakon Studebaker wrote:
> Nevermind, a stupid minotaur iced him a few seconds ago.

My condolences.

I was gonna say, AC-16 was a bit on the weak side. Although the castle
assault itself shouldn't be too bad if you position yourself right.

But yeah, Lich summon storm is bad with that sort of AC. I use two
things to deal with those. E-word or conflict. Castle level is I
think diggable, so I might have gone for the next level if I thought I
was in a big trouble. Any chance you had the ring or some engrave
friendly wand? My first instinct when I get summoning storm is to
reach for the ring or a wand of fire.

-K

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Kremti wrote:

> Castle level is I think diggable, so I might have gone for the next
> level if I thought I was in a big trouble.

The Castle is undiggable. (Some people find this out only after plugging
all those seemingly inconvenient holes.)

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de