Looking for Matte Screen Monitor

danthedesignman

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Hi everyone, first off, thank you for the time and advice you are about to give. It is much appreciated.

I am just beginning shopping for a matte screen computer monitor (ideally 27 inches in screen size). I have a side graphic design business so I can be on the computer for long stretches of time and on my previous laptop it had a matte screen and that was MUCH easier on the eyes than the glossy one that came with my desktop.

I also have read that Viewsonic and Dell are the best out there currently, although, if you have a different opinion please let me know.

Ok, in short, here is some info:
Approximate Purchase Date: (e.g.: ASAP...this week)

Budget Range: $200-$300 Total (if rebates are needed to get to that number I am fine with that).

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: still image graphic design (photoshop, illustrator), surfing the internet. I don't watch movies on it only the occasional YouTube viewing, etc.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I never buy parts for things. I can't fix them. If my monitor broke I would use the manufacturer warranty or buy a new one.

Country of Origin: United States

Brand Preferences: No preference. I have heard Viewsonic and Dell are good but I don't want to rule out anything.

Physical Size (Diagonal): 27 inch would be perfectly fine. I could go larger tho if it was in or close to within budget.

Resolution(s) You'll Consider: Right now my computer monitor is 1920x1080 for a max resolution and I would be fine with that. I don't honestly know as a graphic designer if it would have an advantage to go up to a higher number or not. I am open to thoughts and suggestions though!

Computers and Other Devices To Attach: I will have this hooked up to one computer tower (desktop). The tower has only a DVI white cord output on it.

Panel Type(s) Desired: I am not sure what this means. Screen quality is the most important to me. The outside bevel could have any look.

LED Backlight: I do graphic design so I need the colors to display on my computer monitor to be as close to what they will print out at as I can get. The default description here seemed to indicate that low-end "white" LED backlights can give a blue tinge to the monitor. I would not want this. If I would have to up my budget a bit not to have this issue I for sure would.

Speakers: Indifferent (have speakers already externally).

Wall-Mount: Not needed at all. Will always sit on a desk.

Stand Functions: Just your normal computer monitor stand height. If it has additional features fine but they are not specifically sought after.

Additional Comments: The best image quality is key. Again, if I need to up my budget to get that I will do so as this is for graphic design purposes and getting the true color as to what it will closely print out at is key! Ideally I would have one with 5 ms or less response speed. A very key think I need is a MATTE screen though. I do not want glossy. I have used matte before and my new computer came with glossy and I hate how it more quickly tires my eyes then the matte screen did. Also, obviously image clarity and quality is also key as it displays on the computer monitor as I will be working with photos as well as vector drawing.

Again, thanks in advance. If you have any specific brands with model numbers that I should search out that meet these needs I would be very much grateful for the help. I want to ideally buy one and not have to return it. Haha.

Dan