Status
Not open for further replies.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Here what I have

Amd Athlon Cassic 700mhzs with 768 megs of ram and my os system is Windows xp bata. So I can use all my ram If need be.
ATI TV Card
Dual monitors
Dual cdroms
Dual hard drives
Cable modem
56k modem
Sound Blaster Live
I have two video cards
a pci Diamond Stealth 4 megs 14 inch Monitor. webpages
and a agp Rage Fury Pro 32 Megs 21 inch Monitor. Games

How much power do I lose for game play Lets say Descent 3. And use the Website at the same time?

Let me know
Atol

One last thing My system dont crash. And all my PCI Slots are full. Try that one Intel

jackoftalltrades

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Here is a great article section I found at Multi-Screens.com (A beginners introduction to Multiple Monitors)

The Three main ways to Setup Multiple Monitors

1) You can buy a pre-manufactured multiple monitor computer. The best place to purchase a multiple monitor computer is at:
Multi-Monitors.com. They carry a multi-monitor computer line called SUPER-PC that can support from 2 to 12 monitors.

Multi-Screen Computer Systems

Multiple Monitor LCD Displays

2) You can get a USB to VGA Adapter, or USB to DVI Adapter that will allow you to add an extra monitor to your computer
via any USB2.0 Port. You can also add multiple extra monitors by using multiple adapters. This is a great option for viewing
documents, surfing the web, using Microsoft Office and many other business tasks. This is not a good option for intense
graphical situations such as HDTV, Blu-ray, Gaming and 3D / CAD Workstation applications. For those types of scenarios,
it is highly recommended that you purchase a high-powered multi-monitor workstation or a Matrox Dual or Triple Head2Go.

Multiple Monitor Adapters

3) You can replace or add an extra video card to your existing computer, depending on how many monitors you wish to support.
Although this sounds easy enough, this is a rather complex solution for a beginner, especially when trying to find a compatible
graphics card. For this reason, I am going to write an entirely seperate post on that topic and will link to it here, very soon.

Multi-Monitor Graphics Cards

Once you have your multiple monitor system set up and ready to use, you will need to enable all of your monitors in
your “Display Properties” Control Panel. Here is a great link to a complete and animated walkthrough of how to enable
your multiple monitors in Windows.

How to Setup Multiple Monitors (Instructions)

This is what it will look like when you are done:

Multi-Monitor Video Demo 1
Multi-Monitor Video Demo 2

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Holy necro thread....
You did notice the date of the post you were replying to, right?
05-21-2001 at 01:11:10 AM
Yes, 2001.

I think just the game mentioned, Descent 3, should have given you a clue.

<Add clever necro thread statement/picture here>

trinix

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
We have to give him credits, he's probably the best forum necro around. I mean 7 years old threads resurrection isn't an easy feat. Especially if he didn't notice it.

I was wondering when I saw the Descent 3, I thought, did they make a new one? I never kept track of the numbers, I just knew Descent.

Status
Not open for further replies.