Before i go into the buying faq i just wanted to say hello, i've been reading the forums here for a little bit and think this is a great site with a lot of knowledgeable people, thanks for taking the time out to help out people like me!
1. What is your budget?
Looking to only spend $350-$450 but if the laptop meets or exceeds expectations in build i would consider $500-$550
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Preferably 17.3 but i can go with 15.6 as well
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Looking for more of a budget desktop replacement, i can deal with a 17.3 inch heavier laptop being portable as well
5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 4 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Not much of a gamer, however i do want the best graphics possible in my price range
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
I would like to be able to smoothly handle HD video, some video editing, music production/djing
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 320GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Anywhere with a good price (Amazon, Bestbuy, Staples, Office depot, Newegg, etc...)
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years if possible
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Would love to have a bluray drive but im thinking its out of my price range, if so, a DVD writer will suffice
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I like HP, Samsung, Toshiba, but i don't know near as much as you guys, so whatever is a recommended solid, trustworthy brand with a good warranty
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Guys i really want a speedy all around good laptop that will allow me to watch movies/HD video, be able to handle programs like sony vegas, FL studio, Ableton Live without a hiccup. I really want a good looking HD screen preferably LED, i want the graphics card to be really good, really don't want onboard plain ol intel integrated graphics. Something maybe similar to the HP G62-407DX http://www.amazon.com/HP-G62-407DX-Notebook-Phenom-2-6G... BestBuy ran a really good sale on that laptop for $379 and i was attracted to it because i've heard the Phenom processors are good and thats a great price, but unfortunately all of the stores around me as well as bestbuy.com were sold out before i knew about the sale, and i figure for 480ish i could get a better laptop. I've also read that April is a better time to buy laptops? also read on here that March is going to be a good month for prices? when is a definite time to wait? Anyway just want to say thanks in advance, i really appreciate any and all recommendations!
So i managed to find a coupon for $50 off which would bring the total price to $449 plus tax, thats within my price range and i would like to go pick it up, but im just wondering if it would be better to wait and try to catch a 17.3inch with an intel i3 processor and a 7200rpm HD for around this price instead....anyone think i could get that for around $449? or is this a deal i shouldn't pass up?