Do you think the new macbook pro line just a minor upgrade for 2010 version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzmodow

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Here what my thoughts:
According to my knowledge, apple upgrade their macbooks every 11 months or so, but this year seems a lot earlier, or perhaps just to release something new before steve jobs is gone.
The 13 in doesn't even have a main graphics, i would feel very much left behind if using an intel graphics.
It's 2011 apple, usb 3.0 will be everywhere by the end of year.
The 13 in resolution still haven't changed. come on
Do you think there will be another upgrade or the actual 2011 macbook line coming out later this year?

I actually liked the 2011 upgrade.
MBP 13"
The only downside of the refresh is the screen resolution which remains the same.
As for GPU,well GT 320M is faster than Intel HD 3000M but TBH,both are low-end cards for gaming,so you can't expect a great gaming performance from either.
CPU wise,they're much faster.The current MBP 13" CPUs are as fast(even faster) than the previous fastest CPU offered by MBP 17" 2010
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/25/new-macbook-pro-benchmarks-show-massive-improvement/

I think they made a good choice on the CPUs, a decent choice on the GPUs for the 15'' and 17'', but a rather poor choice for the 13''. Even some people who don't game look for a stronger card than Integrated.

@Jazz: I don't forsee them making any more updates unless they plan a major overhaul to the case design, which I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.