[ANNOUNCE] Vulture's Eye 1.9.3 (a fork of the Falcon's Eye..

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack,rec.games.roguelike.announce (More info?)

Hi all,

Vulture's Eye 1.9.3
-------------------

Having waited several eternities for one of the nicest graphical
interfaces ever to be updated, I finaly gave up hope :(

If you don't know which I mean, I mean Falcon's Eye.
( http://users.tkk.fi/~jtpelto2/nethack.html )

I have forked the project and release a version for NetHack 3.4.3 with
only a couple of bugfixes that were preventing me from playing/testing.

The next release will be more comprehensive, and truly will fork.

also, "Vulture's Claw" (SLASH'EM version) is incredibly close to
completedness.

for now though enjoy, find the source at : http://www.darkarts.co.za/

( for UNIXes only )

Clive Crous

Clive Crous wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Vulture's Eye 1.9.3
> -------------------
>
> Having waited several eternities for one of the nicest graphical
> interfaces ever to be updated, I finaly gave up hope :(

Hey, cool beans! Unfortunately I'm Windows only at the moment, so I
won't be playing it for the time being....

- John H.

Wow.I've been waiting for something like this.Although I enjoy the
ASCII nethack, I believe Falcon's eye was really good.

Just keep up the good work.I'll be looking out for ya!

B_Linuz@yahoo.com wrote:
> Wow.I've been waiting for something like this.Although I enjoy the
> ASCII nethack, I believe Falcon's eye was really good.
>
> Just keep up the good work.I'll be looking out for ya!

Sorry for the previous blank post.

I'm glad that Clive did this. Although I usually play standard everyday
tiled/ascii Nethack, I keep a Falcon's Eye around on the Winbox in hopes
the family will play.

TRENDING THREADS