Hi, My name is Apex, I live in Los Angeles. I'm a college student looking for a new laptop. I would preferably like to buy it from a brick and mortar place if offered. Or a place/site that i know i won't get ripped-off!!! I think this is my biggest concern. (so buying online is something i would like to avoid, but i'm no completely against it) Then if someone can find one a bit off on the price range i'm open to check it out too. Thanks.
(Apologies before hand for all the demands im making)
(I know it might be impossible to find one machine with everything im asking im ok with that, but i would like the most demands im asking in a machine as possible thanks)
Now heres what im looking for:
1. What is your budget? $500-700 USD ideally anywhere between $600 or lower would be preferred .
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
umm 15 or around but nothing to insane (just a normal size laptop) (good size for watching movies, and tv on it)
3. What screen resolution do you want?
I don't know what this means? but something good for watching movies i guess
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
just a carrying around laptop
5. How much battery life do you need?
the more the better..something good enough to watch a few movies and tv shows on it
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Games isn't really a big thing, just basic games one can play online is good enough for me.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
(in order of: important to less important)
- Steam my Netflix content in the Highest " BEST " possible resolution/quality as possibly affordable within my budget.
(meaning one that can play HD content nicely and if it has a nice sound system with loud speakers would be nice)
- Watch Movies, Tv Shows in HD if possible
- Run fast (processor wise) meaning not to laggy to run programs
- If it can include a Blue-Ray player
- Not an integrated graphic card if possible. so i can upgrade in the future
- Download 100 songs , maybe a movie or two within a month time frame.
- If it can handle photoshop then even better.
- either windows 7 or vista
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
aroun 500+ gb would be fine and the more Ram the Better ssd maybe... I would love to avoid lag and waiting time as much as possible...
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
The longest possible.. I want to make it a big part of my day... where i would keep my vital everything stored.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
-Blue Ray Player
- Cd player
- All Memory card reader- with an emphasis on SD Mem Card
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any of the big brands...
Asus <<< Strongly Avoid
(and any unknown or low brand)
13. What country do you live in?
United States of AMerica - Los ANgeles
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I want my ideal computer to stream media content in the best crisp possible resolution. with an equal sound system to accompany it. And has a blue-ray player and windows 7 - and a decent processor that isn't to slow PLEASE! .. no integrated graphics card please. as my big demand is The VISUALS ..... besides that I'm not to picky im opened to other ideas besides these stated! Thanks in advance for anyone who helps me thanks!!!