Strange noises

I was playing a game (still my Monk that cant lose), when I heard this
strange message

"You hear a cracking sound. You hear a ripping sound"

Im not too worried by it, just curious as to what caused it

If it helps I currently have a pet earth element and pet cockatrice,
though I cant see what they had to do with it.

"Marky Mark" <mdmota@yahoo.com.au> writes:

> I was playing a game (still my Monk that cant lose), when I heard this
> strange message
>
> "You hear a cracking sound. You hear a ripping sound"
>
> Im not too worried by it, just curious as to what caused it

Sounds like a polytrap hit by a monster with some armor.

[Or somebody has cracked your computer and is now ripping
your private documents, and intrdet.c is trying to tell
you in the nethack way.]

Best,
Jakob

Jakob Creutzig wrote:
> "Marky Mark" <mdmota@yahoo.com.au> writes:
>
>>"You hear a cracking sound. You hear a ripping sound"
>
> [Or somebody has cracked your computer and is now ripping
> your private documents, and intrdet.c is trying to tell
> you in the nethack way.]

LOL :)

(Good to know, since up to now I thought those messages are delivered
by the mail demon.)

An OT suggestion; wouldn't it be good then to visually enhance intrdet.c
so that any intruder could be observed as a Nethack monster on screen,
which would eventually rip through a room filled with scrolls (i.e. your
documents)? (An intruder would resist a wand of death, I suppose.)

Janis

Jakob Creutzig wrote:

> "Marky Mark" <mdmota@yahoo.com.au> writes:
>
>> I was playing a game (still my Monk that cant lose), when I heard this
>> strange message
>>
>> "You hear a cracking sound. You hear a ripping sound"
>>
>> Im not too worried by it, just curious as to what caused it
>
> Sounds like a polytrap hit by a monster with some armor.

This may also arise from a werecreature that turned to animal form while
wearing armor.

> [Or somebody has cracked your computer and is now ripping
> your private documents, and intrdet.c is trying to tell
> you in the nethack way.]

:)

--
The War on Terra is not meant to be won.