Cyclic redundancy check

varja

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Hello,
why cant i install games?
always came out this error it says cyclic redundancy check.why is it can happen and how to fix?

varja

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

i need a fast respond as possible.

That usually means the installer has been corrupted. I can think of three things that might cause that:
1. virus or other malware
2. bad memory
3. bad storage device (hdd/ssd/cdrom drive)
What games are you trying to install, and from where?

varja_77

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

yeah its need for speed hot pursuit and resident evil 5...it wont happen previously once i have this tune up utilities and i have deleted recently...can you tell me how to fix it or the solution?

You still didn't answer where you're installing them from. If you downloaded bootleg copies, that carries a high risk of viruses/malware, and I think it would be against the rules for me to help you with installing them.

I don't understand the part about "deleted recently", and perhaps you could elaborate on what tune up utilities you ran.

Please don't bump posts, especially only 3 minutes after your previous post. It's not reasonable to expect me to reply to you that fast.

varja_77

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
yeah its need for speed hot pursuit and resident evil 5...it wont happen previously once i have this tune up utilities and i have deleted recently...can you tell me how to fix it or the solution?

varja_77

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013

apologize about the question repeating because of my connection bad here...yeah im installing from dvd rom i borrowed it from my friends and it didnt work now but last time can..about the deleted recently,i uses tune up utilities for one week and then i just deleted recently thats what i mean...i delete it because i knew it cause problem to my hard disk data...but i still cant get it why i cant install and the problem moreover my laptop was free from virus?

varja_77

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
apologize about the question repeating because of my connection bad here...yeah im installing from dvd rom i borrowed it from my friends and it didnt work now but last time can..about the deleted recently,i uses tune up utilities for one week and then i just deleted recently thats what i mean...i delete it because i knew it cause problem to my hard disk data...but i still cant get it why i cant install and the problem moreover my laptop was free from virus?

Deleting/uninstalling a bad tune-up utility doesn't eliminate the problems it caused with your registry etc. Your best option is to back up any personal data you have on the machine, then use the laptop's install disc to completely clear the hard drive, then reinstall Windows. After that, the game installers might work.

A borrowed dvd-rom sounds worrisome. It could be a bootleg copy without you realizing. Also, I hope you made sure your friend didn't leave the game installed on his/her system, otherwise installing it on yours would be violating the license terms.

varja_77

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
hello there!
yeah about thee crc prob i've notice that its because of those games dvd that i'm tryin to install thats makes this crc comes the data game cause or maybe is not supported...and now is that i need to backup my files...hmm,can u tell how to backup in my laptop in other place without using any flash disc or any blank media?or this must?

TRENDING THREADS