YAAP Chris-Kni-Hum-Mal-Law Geno/Polyless

Finally a Knight!

After playing Knights named Sparhawk and Bedivere (Silly knikit!) it's one
named Chris (Because of my PDA) that ascends.

This Knight rode horses for the whole early game, getting three magic lamps
by minetown, (two blessed) and GDSM in the minetown altar room. Since he
started with 18(01) strength he rode through sokoban. I've lost several
horses due to starvation while doing Sokoban. The Bigroom was mobbed so I
dug down with my /oDigging a few steps from the upstair and eventually
whittled the crowd down after coming back up. An early cloak of
Displacement made this feasable. He froze his way across medusa, and took
on the castle at level 12 with a decent set up and a boulder fort and a
/oStriking It took two wishes to get my late game mount (a Ki-Rin) who
lasted until Rodney's zoo where a black dragon blasted it and my saddle out
from under me. I whipped out a /oTaming and used my last magic lamp to get
a new saddle. I rode the dragon till rodney offed it. The sanctum wasn't
hard, none of moloch's preists felt lonely, so no insects. I had not
managed to pick up a single !oGL, so my !oUHW went to waste... I slogged
up, getting thrown back a few times... the mysterious force must have sensed
my lack of Levitation, because it really kicked in around Juby's swamp. I
walked/jumped across no less than five times!

On the way back up I killed a quantum mechanic and got lucky twice... The
cat was alive, and survived being poly'ed five times until I had a
Jabberwock to saddle. Schrodinger's Cat had to be resurrected three times
before dying in a crowd on Fire. Fortunately the portal was walking
distance around a lovely lava lake from his final resting place. Water was
a bore (wearing a "oMB in case of ; ) On Astral I landed on the right side
(Famine) and headed that way after killing one arch lich and a few summoned
nastys. I used one of my charges on my cursed /oD (Orcus') to off the rider
and then it blew up om the next zap. (ouch) Lugh's high priest had two bits
for an ale, so I whistled in my guardian angel (who had been blocking Famine
from entering the antechamber) and offered the amulet.

What do you want to sacrifice? [bd or ?*] (one of two funny prompts in the
game)

A @ @ ???
@ A ··
D ?·@? A
A @ @ D @ A ?·A·? ?
@ @ A @ & @ @ @ ???·I··? @ ··? A
A A @ VV A @ V A @@ ?@·$@D?···@A··?
@ L A ???@···? ··?
@ @ A @ $&?? ?·A·? ?AA
@ A ?/? ?··? D
A A @@ ????? ··
@ A % ) ???
@ & ??????
@ @ %%?

Chris the Knight St:25 Dx:18 Co:18 In:19 Wi:23 Ch:18 Lawful
Astral Plane $:2 HP:221(315) Pw:155(155) AC:-44 Exp:16 T:36609 Blind
Amulets
b - the Amulet of Yendor named Really!
Comestibles
d - a cursed lizard corpse
(end)

You offer the Amulet of Yendor to Lugh...--More--
An invisible choir sings, and you are bathed in radiance...--More--
The voice of Lugh thunders: "Congratulations, mortal!"--More--
"In return for thy service, I grant thee the gift of Immortality!"--More--
You ascend to the status of Demigod...--More--
<Snippety Do-Dah the rest of the dump>
Amulets
m - an uncursed amulet of magical breathing
X - a blessed amulet of life saving named Vlad's tower (being worn)
Weapons
a - the blessed rustproof +6 Excalibur (weapon in hand)
Armor
f - a blessed +5 helm of brilliance (being worn)
t - a blessed +4 shield of reflection (being worn)
u - a blessed rustproof +5 pair of gauntlets of power (being worn)
w - a blessed fireproof +4 T-shirt (being worn)
H - a blessed +4 cloak of displacement (being worn)
M - a blessed +4 gray dragon scale mail (being worn)
S - a blessed fireproof +4 pair of speed boots (being worn)
<In the BoH>
a blessed magic marker (1:27)
a blessed scroll of charging
an uncursed scroll of genocide
a blessed magic marker (0:8)
an uncursed +0 pair of water walking boots named Vlad's tower
a blessed rustproof +7 lance
an uncursed potion of full healing
the rustproof +0 Sunsword
a blessed magic marker (1:1)
a blessed magic marker (1:1)
Final Attributes: (note no disint res)

You were piously aligned.
You were fire resistant.
You were cold resistant.
You were sleep resistant.
You were shock resistant.
You were poison resistant.
You were level-drain resistant.
You were magic-protected.
You were blinded.
You saw invisible.
You were telepathic.
You had automatic searching.
You were displaced.
You could jump.
You had teleport control.
You had slower digestion.
You were protected.
You were very fast.
You had reflection.
Your life would have been saved.
You were extremely lucky.
You had extra luck.
Bad luck did not time out for you.
Good luck did not time out for you.
You survived. (love it)
Vanquished creatures:

Asmodeus
Baalzebub
Orcus
Juiblex
The Wizard of Yendor (8 times) (annoying)
Famine
3 arch-liches
a high priest
3 master liches
2 ki-rin (one hostile, one mount?)
Ixoth (Not tough)
3 master mind flayers
3 erinyes (obligitory extinction)
42 soldiers (no ludious, no barracks in the dungeon)
69 quasits (quest)
a fox (lowest single)
1855 creatures vanquished.

Voluntary challenges:

You never genocided any monsters.
You never polymorphed an object.
You never changed form.
You used 8 wishes.
You did not wish for any artifacts.
--More--
Fare thee well Chris the Demigod...

You and the guardian Angel of Lugh
went to your reward with 2954714 points,
Excalibur (worth 4000 zorkmids and 10000 points)
The Book of the Dead (worth 10000 zorkmids and 25000 points)
The Candelabrum of Invocation (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
Sunsword (worth 1500 zorkmids and 3750 points)
The Bell of Opening (worth 5000 zorkmids and 12500 points)
The Magic Mirror of Merlin (worth 1500 zorkmids and 3750 points)
11 topaz stones (worth 9900 zorkmids),
8 emeralds (worth 20000 zorkmids),
5 rubies (worth 17500 zorkmids),
5 fluorite stones (worth 2000 zorkmids),
3 opals (worth 2400 zorkmids),
3 obsidian stones (worth 600 zorkmids),
3 agate stones (worth 600 zorkmids),
2 aquamarine stones (worth 3000 zorkmids),
2 garnet stones (worth 1400 zorkmids),
1 citrine stone (worth 1500 zorkmids),
2 amulets of magical breathing (worth 300 zorkmids),
1 amulet of life saving (worth 150 zorkmids),
and 2 pieces of gold, after 36609 moves.
You were level 16 with a maximum of 315 hit points when you ascended.

You reached the 18th place on the top 100 list.

17 3157055 Merlin-Wiz-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood. 409
[419]
18 2954714 Chris-Kni-Hum-Mal-Law ascended to demigod-hood. 221
[315]
19 2787263 Tuck-Pri-Hum-Mal-Neu ascended to demigod-hood. 190
[355]

Only H to go. I'm going to be playing them for a while...
Danny

Daniel Morris wrote:
> Finally a Knight!

Grats :D Working on a Knight myself right now.

> This Knight rode horses for the whole early game, getting three magic
lamps

I found riding horses is fantastic in the early game. Especially when
you can hit the warhorse w/ Speed Monster.

-K