Crazy Registry checker?

dan_gao86

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2001
Hi everyone,
I've a win 98 1st edition PC running on a 1.0GHz athlon. My PC went haywire recently, and I reinstalled the whole windows. However, after I've reinstalled my windows, everytime I installs a new piece of software, when I restarted my PC, the Windows Registry Checker would say that my registry is corrupter and help to revert to backed up system files.

This reverting doesn't change much of my PC, my new software works, everything else works fine. However, it is kinda irritating, and some settings for windows would go back to default, and I've to reset them.

I've updated my Norton Antivirus 2003 and scanned for viruses, and even removed the windows registry checker from my auto startup. Although now the windows-based checker doesn't come on, there is this DOS-based checker now, which look somewhat like scandisk. Could anyone pls help to solve this problem?

The No. 1 cause of divorce is marriage - 100% of all divorces starts with marriage

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
98 1st had some bugs that were later fixed. I'd upgrade to 98SE if you can. In fact, if it's the same type of license (OEM, retail, whatever you have) your original license will probably work.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>