First Time Building: Is my PC alright?

Ryzix

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Hey guys, whats up. Im building my pc for the first time and im taking my first step towards that goal by purchasing something tomorrow when i get paid.

Is this build good or an any sense good at working together? I just looked around made sure my motherboard could accept AM3+; my cpu has the same socket, my RAM has 240 DDR3; my mobo accepts that, etc. But i wanted a thought from a pro or someone who knows their stuff. Did i do this right? Also, How well do you think this will perform?

By the way, this is somewhat a budget build. I had trouble deciding whether to go with the AMD FX-4100 or the Phenom II x4 965. I went with the 965 seeing that threads on here actually said that the bulldozer was not made for gaming and sucks at it in general. Alright my list:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
GPU: Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD 7870 2Gb
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8 Gb (2 x 4Gb)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDDD 7200 RPM
Case: NZXT Phantom Case (White)
Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme 3
CD/DVD: Asus 24x DVD/CD Burner
Monitor:Asus VS Black 24" (50,000,000 : 1)
PSW: Corsair FX Series HX750 750w

Is there anything else i am missing?

Maybe you can even include ways on saving money yet keeping my performnce? Thanks so much!

Mr_Minecraft

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Next time put this in the Systems area ;)

What is your budget and what game types do you play? This will help us help you find the best components. For example if you are building a PC for Leagues of Ledgends then you don't even need a good one, on the other hand if you are building one for something like Crysis 2 maxed out then you will need better components.

I have juts built the same system as you (besides the MB, GPU and CPU xD). For the CPU I went with the new Vishera FX-8320. Seems to do a much better gaming job than the Zambezi. I have the same GPU type as you except I went with the Hawk version by MSI. It is much better at overclocking and gaming.

Ryzix

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Haha sorry. I just saw General Discussion. Lol. I want to really play any game. I know im just like anybody who wants to run Crysis 2 Maxed, but i would at least like to enjoy the game. My budget is somewhere around 1000$. Not too high, or not too low. Probably, 950$-1200$. Im just sick and tired of playing games at 20 to 15fps. How well does the fx8320 perofrm compared to the 965 and at what price? :D Fps wise. Do you think the 7870 is good choice? Also, Do you think i can get a lot out of the gpu/cpu combo i have going on? I might OC later on down the road if things get too low on frames.