Keeping our Cpu's cool, home cooling ideas?

G

I have been thinking..

Anyone have there own good cooling techniques?
I have been thinking lately and there must be some good ways we can cool our towers and hardware components down for overclocking purposes and also general cooling.

Other then having a ton of fans, sure people have tried water, and Liquid Nirogen etc..
but i mean ther must be other ways.

Anyone have any ideas?
I was kind of thinking about a car, its cooled buy the antifreeze coolant absorbing the heat around the engine..
hmmm

Im on my embark for some new techniques.

Anyone have any ideas on there own?

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

G

a car uses the same techniques as water cooling does. THe whater circulatest through the hot engine and cools it and goes to the radiator where a fan blows on it cooling the liquid and then it is circulated back into the engine.

Same [-peep-] with watercooling a cpu the water goes by the cpu cooling it and then goes to the rad which is then cooled. very efficient process. OH ya and the ony reason engine coolant is used instead of water is becuase the liquid has to absorb to be able to be heated too above 120 degrees celcius without boiling!

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have u tried opening the case and blowing on it.

<font color=blue>Elephants are the only animals that can't jump. Just as well!</font color=blue>

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
um - you mean like a watercooler? yeah - a few... oh yeah, antifreeze coolant is mostly water. If you use pure antifreeze in you engine for any length of time something will corrode to nothing...

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Turn Tbirdinside on reverse and what frost cold air come out his mouth. Switch is some where. I now Run you PC in a A/C room at 45f.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

im serious guys

i really do want to think of better cooling ideas.

think!

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

G

why are u posting but not online icq man?

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is already a forum for this topic.

I use the A/C technique. works extreamly well during the summer. Mave sure you remove from vent for winter =P

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
actually the antifreezze keeps it for freezing
the water weont' start to boil because the pressure in the system is much higher than the pressure outside of it in which cause it boil at a lower tempature.

last time i check the cares thermoeter it was at about 90 to 95
i'm gussing in the conversion
it is 195 f pretty much all the time once it gets warmed up

G

Some dude took a small fridge, cut a hole in the side ran a duct to his pc to blow cold air in it.

Another guy just put the whole pc except the cd and floppy inside one. It was cheaper than some computer cases plus it was "air conditioned" - not mention it could accomodate some liquid refreshments..

I thought about using a small frigde to hold a water resevoir for a water cooling system.

<font color=blue>The #1 reason to upgrade your PC - to run faster benchmarks...</font color=blue>

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
I recommend one of those nice pure aluminum cases with dual fans for air intake at the bottom of the front of the case as well as a fan on top of the case (heat rises, this is most efficient) and behind the case for host air exhaust.

The pure aluminum case acts almost like a giant heatsink, more effectively leaking heat to the outside. If you wanted to couple this by putting it into a refrigerator it would be even better. The aluminum case would work great in one of those.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

G

I have one of those aluminium cases, with fan settings just like that.......I have a horrible HSF on my athlon 1.2 OC'd to 1.3....im waiting for my FOP38 and artic silver II...what i have is like retail HSF, maybe worse....but with a little cooling program, While surfing web, I am at 32 C

=Quantum
AO Admin
The Dr.Twister Network
http://ao.drtwister.com

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
For car most of turbocharge car are colling by the turbo itself go look at subaru website, you will see.

For the fridge not sure.Water cooling $$$$.

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I was considering this, however it seemed pretty hard to get cable length to run CD and Floppy to outside of fridge.

I guess the answer is not to locally mount CDs but network mount them? Floppy is used so rarely anyway...

Also, not too sure - but how much heat does a fridge actually pump? Can it cope with 100+watts? Also, all you get is colder air, your cpu is still going to be in the 20s. Why not use the cooling system from a fridge or freezer and either home build a vapochill/kryochill, or use it to actively cool your water in a water cooler - no fans!

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
why not put your computer on the dark side of the moon where it is really cold then run really long cables down.
mbaha

“Build your own you will love it more”

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
possibly but I think the limit on IDE is 18" or 24", which is going to make that 300,000km run tricky.

In fact, even if the electrons ran at lightspeed, it will still take approx. 1 second for the signal to reach my desk. That seems a little high.