Solved

Reset Epson Discproducer counters

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Epson
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 30, 2012 6:58:50 PM

I need to reset the counter on the Epson Disc Producer. Espon has a counter that requires you to send the unit to them to reset the counter. They won't tell you an exact charge to do this but quote a range of $350-$800 plus shipping.

That's insane.

So. I need a utility to reset the counters on the Epson PP-100AP or PP-100 Discproducer systems.

More about : reset epson discproducer counters

December 4, 2012 6:55:15 PM

This is true for all the DiscProducer units. Models PP-100, PP-100AP, PP-100N.
m
l
December 11, 2012 11:15:45 AM

Bump.
m
l
Related resources
March 15, 2013 4:14:09 PM

Jerry1234 said:
I need to reset the counter on the Epson Disc Producer. Espon has a counter that requires you to send the unit to them to reset the counter. They won't tell you an exact charge to do this but quote a range of $350-$800 plus shipping.

That's insane.

So. I need a utility to reset the counters on the Epson PP-100AP or PP-100 Discproducer systems.

m
l
March 15, 2013 4:16:06 PM

I have same problem, so how did you fixed yours?
m
l
March 15, 2013 5:10:06 PM

Tony52 said:
I have same problem, so how did you fixed yours?

I haven't solved the problem. I bought a new one from www.cds.com but I still have the old one sitting on the floor. I contacted a guy in Russia who implied he'd sell me an unlock solution but he never came through with it. The new one is working great, but I'd still like to unlock the old one if I could.
m
l
March 15, 2013 6:40:02 PM

Ouch, thank you for your reply.
If something comes out let me know
Probably I have to do the same as you
m
l
April 17, 2014 6:36:09 PM

Has anyone found out how to do this?
m
l
April 17, 2014 7:31:59 PM

I am still not aware of any way to do this. I've been buying more printers because I refuse to pay that much for a counter reset with no warranty.
m
l

Best solution

May 6, 2014 12:14:57 PM

Jerry1234 said:
I am still not aware of any way to do this. I've been buying more printers because I refuse to pay that much for a counter reset with no warranty.

I found a place to do it. They fixed mine for $145. I had to ship it to AZ. But still a lot cheaper than having epson do it. You might be able to find an authorized epson repair place near you.

Compuworld
http://compuworldaz.com/

May 27, 2014 10:58:10 AM

gotlength said:

We are able to replace the maintenance tank and filters and reset the error count on all the units Except the PP 100 N. For some reason the network version does not want to reset with our utility, so those will need to go to Epson repair depot for service. We are an Epson servicer in Southern California. It is definitely worth it to have that service done. If you let your old units sit idle, you will end up having to replace the printhead as well. Sad to let a unit sit and become useless.
m
l
August 12, 2014 6:36:07 AM

Anyone who want to reset the error counter on PP-100 regarding the maintance tank or some other error can email me for Adjustment program. resetandprint@gmail.com
m
l
August 21, 2014 4:59:02 AM

servicerofelectronics said:
gotlength said:

We are able to replace the maintenance tank and filters and reset the error count on all the units Except the PP 100 N. For some reason the network version does not want to reset with our utility, so those will need to go to Epson repair depot for service. We are an Epson servicer in Southern California. It is definitely worth it to have that service done. If you let your old units sit idle, you will end up having to replace the printhead as well. Sad to let a unit sit and become useless.

HOLA SOY DE ARGENTINA NECESITO EL RESET COUNTER DE EPSON PP-50 Y EPSON PP-100....CUAL ES EL COSTO?? Y COMO LO TENDRIA QUE PAGAR..POR QUE MEDIO ??...GRACIAS
m
l
September 10, 2014 9:00:19 AM

We are a small duplication company out of Houston, TX.

I have the utility that I purchased from resetandprint@gmail.com . He is legit. He will ask you to pay via Western Union to Serbia, so it may sound like a scam, but I now have a working PP-100 ! Thank you !!!

- WePressOnline
m
l
September 10, 2014 10:55:25 AM

resetting the counters is good, but if you aren't also doing the maintenance and replacing the ink pads you'll be doing yourself more damage than you may think. I'm all for being able to reset the counters, but you need to replace the pads too.
m
l
September 29, 2014 10:30:14 AM

Your observation is correct, but If you unscrew little cover from behind of discproducer you can pull of the tubes (there is two tubes) from ink pads and take them out in some container outside the discproducer, so you will solved ink pads problem permanently.
m
l
!