OCing Question

G

I'm about to upgrade from a P3 650 to a P3 933EB. Are the 933EB's overclockable any? I have a ASUS p3v4x and the Micron PC133 ram I have has been overclocked to 140mhz, but not on my machine(the 650 couldn't go that high).

Thanks for the help

paks

FA|Paksman-MTK-
Warlord on the Sacrifice division of the Fallen Angels

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
I would purchase a 700E Cpu and overclock it to 933. It's simple, just plug it in and set your FSB to 133. You can leave on the stock HSF (Just make sure you have some decent case cooling). Plus your entire system will remain in spec and you'll save some cash from the 933.

Blah, Blah Blahh, Blahh, blahh blah blahh, blah blah.

G

Thanks for the advice petty, but 2 things: 1. I play B&W and it will NOT run on a OCed cpu. I had my 650E OCed and B&W crashed everytime. 2. My 650E would not OC any higher than 806(6.5 x 124mhz 1.75v) I'm just not 100% sure if the 700E will OC that high and i don't have money to waste. Hopefully it will, if not, I'll just get the 933EB

FA|Paksman-MTK-

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My 650E would not OC any higher than 806(6.5 x 124mhz 1.75v)
That was probably the max OC u could get with the CPU at nominal to medium load
Once you find the max stable u should bring it down a notch to allow for the likes of games that will push up the temp under sustained high load. With the AI element in B&W it places a heavy load on the CPU which is probably why it crashed a lot.

<font color=blue>Little Miss Muffet was arachnaphobic</font color=blue>

G

Interesting... Interesting being that it crashed during the opening tutorial. Even before the temple was finished building.

paks

FA|Paksman-MTK-