System recovery dosen't work

taran11

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
hey guys im trying to factory reset my computer and ever since i upgraded to win7 f11 system recovery won't load up for

me i tried CTRL + f11 still no luck i tried other keys also it just loads me up normally and the recovery disc doesn't have

factory reset option someone please help me i wanna reset my whole computer before i get my new cpu ram

mobo.please! its been over a year i keep trying for days every couple months to get it to reset but no luck so i finally

came here since i made new acc for advice on hardware

NOTE: I upgraded from vista home premium to win7 ultimate

taran11

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
how do i format the disc and wipe off recovery and my cousin gave my the win7 disc it was on a disc from walmart not sure? im a complete noob on thus. I need your help masters!!~

taran11

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

i dont know if its a genuine or fake because my cousin installed it for me i had vista before

If you upgraded a previous installation, you cannot simply "reset it" to original. There is no way to uninstall the upgrade and get your old OS back the way it was, no way at all. You will need a legal, bought and paid for, to be installed only on your computer, legitimate copy of Win 7 and do a completely new install.

taran11

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013

how can i do that? f11- system recovery isnt working when the options come up when i restart the computer. What can i do someone please help me

QUIT BUMPING THIS THREAD! :non: :non:

Long story short: If your "cousin" took all the partitions off the drive when he "upgraded" your computer then the factory restore, via Ctrl+F11 since it's a DELL (I know that sequence), will not work because it's been removed already. There is no way to get the old OS back and we will not be able to help you until you have a legitimate copy of Windows in hand.

End of story.

Sounds like someone needs to freshin' up on the forum rules.

Go HERE for more help!