RAID Hard drive prices: Dell UK

I notice that the price of 320gb SATA RAID 0 (2 X 160gb) hard drive setup in
a Dimension PC from Dell USA is $140 more than a single 160gb SATA hard
drive, but Dell UK charge £305 (about $545) more. This looks like a
flagrant rip off, but is there also some technical reason(s) for the
difference?

Thanks

Yes, you Brits have more money to spend!