The danger of using Win 7 Activators (Loaders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Ivanov

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Hi All :)

I've installed Win 7 and being tempted by the opportunity for having it for free I blindly used a Win 7 Loader.
Everithing worked fine and sill works, but now when I know what that loader might have done to my machine I'm eager to REMOVE any trace of it plus, I'll stop using Win 7 until I buy it! (or ever)
My PC is still new, powerfull (and expensive). I'm very suspicious to any messing with the BIOS - updates, overclocking... (anything other than the ordinary adjustments). And to bear in mind the fact that this loader THING could've written some stupid information in my BIOS just to make the ******* Windows run... That's too much!

So my questions are:
- What is SLIC BOIS/Emulation?
- Does that Loader (it's Windows 7 Loader eXtreme Edition v3.115) write any information in my BIOS?
- - If yes, how can I completely remove it? Will a simple BIOS update do the jop? (I'll hate to do that though, but it that's the case I would've no choice)
- If I remove and re-create the patition i.e. MBR and format it, will that remove any trace of the "cracked" Win 7 is being on my PC? (I'm going to run the good old XP instaed :) )

Thank you in advance! :)

P.S. I know now that this particular Loader scrapped many motherboards.

Ivan Ivanov

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009

And now I'm going to get rid of Win7 but the potential damage will remain (it's not a ptential damage actually - it is a damage already).
Serves me right! Right?

But you could mock me even further by saying that I've being stupid enough to write about it. Right?

Atleast it can serve as a warning for every one who'll try to use Win7 illegally. Don't you think?

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009

Yes it does serve you right.
Yes asking for help on a forum which abides by the law is pretty stupid.

But if they want to break the law and pirate an OS then that's their problem, they can learn about the drawbacks as they go.

twentyonegigawatts

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
i you worried you can always restore failsafe in bios settings (it will restore bios from backup to previous one, or download newest bios from motherboard manufacturer's webpage and reflash it to motherboard, if you newbie ask someone or check internet how to do it on your motherboard, but if everything works i dont think you should worry

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009

2 years old.

Seriously? How long did you search through the archives to find this?
Eh...

edyshor

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
You know, i didn't know that i could "restore to factory settings" my bios . so i'm glat he added that reply to a 2 year old thread (that i've found accidentally via google -- no search throuh archives). :heink:

flaminggerbil you're a ***!

you're a f@g

You sir are flaming another user.

Sounds like someone needs to freshin' up on the forum rules.

Go HERE for more help!

It is against Tom's Hardware policy for any active forum member to assist with anything in regards to illegal activities such as piracy, cheating, etc.

A moderator has been notified of this attempt.

Please refer to this thread for further assistance.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
stop_piracy_sign_zpsa5dfd69a.png

Piracy

When someone installs and uses commercial software without paying for the program, it is called "pirating" the software. This name comes from the traditional meaning of the word "pirate," which is a sea-faring criminal that steals and loots belongings from others. But far from the stereotypical sea pirate, a software pirate can be anyone who owns a computer. Software piracy is committed by simply downloading or copying a program that a user has not paid for.

Since computer programs are stored in a digital format, they are easy to copy and reproduce. For example, a game may be burned to a CD and transferred to the computer of an individual who has not paid for the program. Software programs can also be illegally downloaded from the Internet from unauthorized sources. Since pirating software does not require many resources, it has grown into a major problem for the computer industry.

While it may seem like an innocuous act, pirating software is the same as stealing. Software companies often invest thousands or even millions of dollars into creating the programs they sell. The income from selling these programs is what allows companies to produce the software and to continue improving the programs we use. Just because it is possible to copy a software program does not mean it is OK. Installing a commercial program from an illegal copy is the same thing as walking out of a store with the program and not paying for it.

While there are some programs that are free to use (such as shareware and freeware programs), it is important to pay for commercial software. You can avoid software piracy by only downloading software from authorized sources and making sure that you have valid software licenses for all the programs you use. Remember that paying for software programs supports the software industry, which is good for all of us!

techterms.com

PIRACY2_zpsb5ec5e83.jpg

******* More info on Software Piracy *******
http://www.ehow.com/about_6311820_software-piracy_.html

Status
Not open for further replies.