Nethack Round robin update

Several people on the list are on holiday and cannot play.

I have the files on my PC ready to be played.

Is anybody in a position to play today?

Ideally we could get a few rounds done over the weekend.

email me or post here and I will get straight back.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Hammond wrote:

> Several people on the list are on holiday and cannot play.
> I have the files on my PC ready to be played.
> Is anybody in a position to play today?
> Ideally we could get a few rounds done over the weekend.
> email me or post here and I will get straight back.

Go ahead and add me to the end of the list. I'm off to get
some sleep before I game tomorrow, I am available over the
weekend to do at least 1,000 turns.

Manuel

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Dave Hammond wrote:
> Several people on the list are on holiday and cannot play.
>
> I have the files on my PC ready to be played.
>
> Is anybody in a position to play today?

I can play. I've been out all day, but now I'm free for all
weekend.

--
Manuel.

Everett E. Johnson wrote:

> Dave Hammond wrote:
>
>> Several people on the list are on holiday and cannot play.
>> I have the files on my PC ready to be played.
>> Is anybody in a position to play today?
>> Ideally we could get a few rounds done over the weekend.
>> email me or post here and I will get straight back.
>
> Go ahead and add me to the end of the list. I'm off to get
> some sleep before I game tomorrow, I am available over the
> weekend to do at least 1,000 turns.

I can play both tonight (Saturday, European time) and tomorrow, as well as
in the weekdays.

Sidsel

"Sidsel Horvei" <sidsel@ii.uib.no> wrote in message
> Everett E. Johnson wrote:
>
>> Dave Hammond wrote:
>>
>>> Several people on the list are on holiday and cannot play.
>>> I have the files on my PC ready to be played.
>>> Is anybody in a position to play today?
>>> Ideally we could get a few rounds done over the weekend.
>>> email me or post here and I will get straight back.
>>
>> Go ahead and add me to the end of the list. I'm off to get
>> some sleep before I game tomorrow, I am available over the
>> weekend to do at least 1,000 turns.
>
> I can play both tonight (Saturday, European time) and tomorrow, as well as
> in the weekdays.
>
> Sidsel

Sisdel, I have mailed you with the files., perhaps Everett can play after
you when he has slept. Please let us know when you have the files.

Dave Hammond wrote:

> "Sidsel Horvei" <sidsel@ii.uib.no> wrote in message
>> Everett E. Johnson wrote:

>>> Go ahead and add me to the end of the list. I'm off to get
>>> some sleep before I game tomorrow, I am available over the
>>> weekend to do at least 1,000 turns.
>>
>> I can play both tonight (Saturday, European time) and tomorrow, as well
>> as in the weekdays.
>>
>> Sidsel
>
> Sisdel, I have mailed you with the files., perhaps Everett can play after
> you when he has slept. Please let us know when you have the files.

Thanks, arrived.

But the format of the file lead to some questions though - though they might
have been answered in other parts of the thread.

Is this a windows-file? Do I have to do anything to it to play on a linux
system (SuSE), and if so, what? I suspect I can't just rename it. Is it at
all possible for me to do anything with it?

Sidsel

Sidsel Horvei wrote:
> But the format of the file lead to some questions though - though they might
> have been answered in other parts of the thread.
>
> Is this a windows-file? Do I have to do anything to it to play on a linux
> system (SuSE), and if so, what? I suspect I can't just rename it. Is it at
> all possible for me to do anything with it?
>
> Sidsel

Yes, it's a Windows file. There was a whole huge discussion in the #2
thread about save files and how they're not compatible. There's nothing
I know of you can do on linux; but I would imagine you could play with
an emulator.

Sidsel Horvei wrote:
> Is this a windows-file?

The person who started this didn't mention what OS he's using, so it has
to be Windows.

> Do I have to do anything to it to play on a linux
> system (SuSE), and if so, what? I suspect I can't just rename it. Is it at
> all possible for me to do anything with it?

No, it's not.

--
If geiger counter does not click,
the coffee, she is just not thick

Manuel wrote:
> Dave Hammond wrote:
> > Several people on the list are on holiday and cannot play.
> >
> > I have the files on my PC ready to be played.
> >
> > Is anybody in a position to play today?
>
> I can play. I've been out all day, but now I'm free for all
> weekend.
>
> --
> Manuel.

Hi all,

Just letting you know that although Ive already had a turn (I was the
2nd person to have a go), Im more than willing to go again if you need
someone to continue it, and as Im on the net most days, will be able to
have an at most 1-2 day turnaround.
My email address is: mdmota @ yahoo.com.au (obviously without the
spaces, just did that so it would show it all), so feel free to add me
to the bottom of any list of people waiting to have a go if you want

Out of curiosity, what holiday is it in the US (I imagine the holiday
is in the US), as it also happens to be a holiday here in Australia.

Thanks,

Mark

Marky Mark wrote:
> Manuel wrote:
>
>>Dave Hammond wrote:
>>
>>>Several people on the list are on holiday and cannot play.
>>>
>>>I have the files on my PC ready to be played.
>>>
>>>Is anybody in a position to play today?
>>
>>I can play. I've been out all day, but now I'm free for all
>>weekend.
>>
>>--
>>Manuel.
>

> Hi all,
>
> Just letting you know that although Ive already had a turn (I was the
> 2nd person to have a go), Im more than willing to go again if you need
> someone to continue it, and as Im on the net most days, will be able to
> have an at most 1-2 day turnaround.
> My email address is: mdmota @ yahoo.com.au (obviously without the
> spaces, just did that so it would show it all), so feel free to add me
> to the bottom of any list of people waiting to have a go if you want
>
> Out of curiosity, what holiday is it in the US (I imagine the holiday
> is in the US), as it also happens to be a holiday here in Australia.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Same goes for me, I'd love another turn. Email is swervy.a at that
gmail.com place I've heard so much about.

Ack, I think I must have missed my turn. I'll be available on around
Tuesday (I have a midterm Monday.) My email is owensm888 @ yahoo.com.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

So, as far as I know, I have the most current save file, and have made
my 1k moves (plus a few extra because I hate mouse support and ended up
moving when trying to copy/paste my end stats =\ ).

According to the .txt file I have, a certain Jym is next in line to
play. Sadly, no one had the foresight to record each person's email
addy along with the name. I'm going to drop my email into the .txt
file, and I encourage people further down the line to do the same.

Regardless, is Jym around to give me his email addy?

-777