[BUG] ? Disenchanter disenchant wrong weapon

When #twoweaponing +6 Vorpal Blade and +5 silver sabre and attacking a
disenchanter I get the following message:

Vorpal Blade decapitates the disenchanter! You kill the disenchanter!
Your silver saber seems less effective.

This seems wrong to me. If I kill the monster with my FIRST weapon, why would
the SECOND be disenchanted?

Greetings,
blindy

Benjamin Schieder wrote:
> When #twoweaponing +6 Vorpal Blade and +5 silver sabre and attacking a
> disenchanter I get the following message:
>
> Vorpal Blade decapitates the disenchanter! You kill the disenchanter!
> Your silver saber seems less effective.
>
> This seems wrong to me. If I kill the monster with my FIRST weapon, why would
> the SECOND be disenchanted?

Hmm... It seems that whenever you twoweapon, the code deliberately makes
a random selection between one of the two wielded weapons.

Maybe the rationale behind that is that when twoweaponing both weapons are
usually ("RL") applied in varying order.

In the special case, where you can determine the weapon that killed the
creature, it seems inappropriate to disenchant the other weapon. OTOH,
you might view it as if both weapons have hit - even if that is not
reflected by the messages -, and only one of it got the passive damaged.

Janis

Benjamin Schieder <blindcoder@scavenger.homeip.net> writes:

> Vorpal Blade decapitates the disenchanter! You kill the disenchanter!
> Your silver saber seems less effective.
> This seems wrong to me. If I kill the monster with my FIRST weapon, why would
> the SECOND be disenchanted?

Apparently the disenchanting doesn't need the disenchanter to be alive, it
happens whenever you hit the R with your weapon, no matter whether the R
is still alive or just dead.

--
Jukka Lahtinen