Create a System Restore +tools partition on my D8300?? How?

Hi,

I have read about the System Restore partition, and am very interested..

I really missed it on my Dimension 8300, could have used it after my first
serious system crash.. Luckily, i had a recent Ghost image but it would be
usefull to have that restore option integrated in the system..

Any idea what programs are used? How the image is made? Any idea how to
create that partition and tools myself? (So i can create an image of the
system and place that in the partition with the needed tools..)

Or could someone give me any details about the System Restore partition?
(Filesystem, size, tools, the image used)
and possibly send the tools to me? -i can create the image myself-

Thanks,

Nils Bolhoven.

"Nils Bolhoven" <Nils@Bolhoven.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have read about the System Restore partition, and am very interested..
>
> I really missed it on my Dimension 8300, could have used it after my first
> serious system crash.. Luckily, i had a recent Ghost image but it would be
> usefull to have that restore option integrated in the system..
>
> Any idea what programs are used? How the image is made? Any idea how to
> create that partition and tools myself? (So i can create an image of the
> system and place that in the partition with the needed tools..)
>
> Or could someone give me any details about the System Restore partition?
> (Filesystem, size, tools, the image used)
> and possibly send the tools to me? -i can create the image myself-

Should already be there on a 8300

Hi,

No it is not. There is the obvious Utility Partition of 40mb and the main
partition.
Only the new range of Dell pc's have the System Restore option.
On the 8300, when you haven't imaged it yourself, your out of luck.
Dell has the image, and keeps it for 3 months bus does not send it when
requested. I know, because i requested the image after receiving the system
for safe keeping..
They will restore the image within 3 months if the pc fails, but would not
send it.

But i just like to have a primary restore option in the system. (i also have
a Ghost image on dvd, and a recent image i keep on my secondary HD..)

Thanks,

Nils Bolhoven.