Sign in with
Your question

HOMEGROUP PROBLEMS

Last response: in Windows 7
January 19, 2013 5:18:10 PM

Hello,
i HAD SET UP MY HOME NETWORK (ONE DESKTOP W/ W7, AND 4 LAPTOPS , 1 W/VISTA AND 3 W/W7 WITH A HOMEGROUP, WHICH WORKED FINE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. IT HAS STOPPED WORKING RIGHT AND PROBLEM APPEARS TO BE WITH DESKTOP. NETWORK DISCOVERY AND FILE/PRINTER SHARING IS OFF AND I CAN'T GET NETWORK DISCOVRY TURNED ON OR FILE AND PRINTER SHARING. THE COMPUTER SAYS IT IS CONNECTED TO A HOMEGROUP, BUT WHEN I TRY TO VIEW SETTINGS, IT WON'T TRY. WHEN I TRIED TO LEAVE HOMEGROUP, IT SAYS A HOMEGROUP CAN'T BE SET UP N THIS COMPUTER. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

More about : homegroup problems

a b $ Windows 7
January 19, 2013 5:20:12 PM

mbrestensky said:
Hello,
i HAD SET UP MY HOME NETWORK (ONE DESKTOP W/ W7, AND 4 LAPTOPS , 1 W/VISTA AND 3 W/W7 WITH A HOMEGROUP, WHICH WORKED FINE FOR SEVERAL MONTHS. IT HAS STOPPED WORKING RIGHT AND PROBLEM APPEARS TO BE WITH DESKTOP. NETWORK DISCOVERY AND FILE/PRINTER SHARING IS OFF AND I CAN'T GET NETWORK DISCOVRY TURNED ON OR FILE AND PRINTER SHARING. THE COMPUTER SAYS IT IS CONNECTED TO A HOMEGROUP, BUT WHEN I TRY TO VIEW SETTINGS, IT WON'T TRY. WHEN I TRIED TO LEAVE HOMEGROUP, IT SAYS A HOMEGROUP CAN'T BE SET UP N THIS COMPUTER. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I would recommend running either MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Super Anti-Spyware or even both as it may be infected with something that is preventing you from changing settings within Windows.

Also, why all the caps?
Sounds like someone needs to freshin' up on the forum rules.

Go HERE for more help!
m
l
!