Donating to priests

Jens

Hi!

I was wondering what happens to the money I donate to the temple
priests. Does it dissapear, or do they continue to carry it around? The
reason I'm asking is that I just donated all the gold in Fort Luidos to
the Minetown priest, and then prayed at a pad time.

Could I kill the priest, take back all the money and give it to the
priest in the Valley of the Dead instead, or has the money dissappeared?

Jens wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I was wondering what happens to the money I donate to the temple
> priests. Does it dissapear, or do they continue to carry it around? The
> reason I'm asking is that I just donated all the gold in Fort Luidos to
> the Minetown priest, and then prayed at a pad time.
>
> Could I kill the priest, take back all the money and give it to the
> priest in the Valley of the Dead instead, or has the money dissappeared?

It's there for the taking, if you're so inclined. However, you've probably
gotten close to the point, if you're not already there, where the chance of
getting lower AC by donating is very small, so it may be a waste of time
(and there's also lots of $ lying around in Gehennom).

--
Benjamin Lewis

Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.

Mac

If coaligned, let the pet take it out. My current game's Level 12 Water
Demon did it before I had a chance to donate. Grrrr...

Although, if you have polycontrol and means of pacfication, this

>You can also polyself into a leprechaun, hit the priest, and then use
>charm monster or a magic harp or something to make them peaceful
again.
>That's actually much more effective; you can pull off tens of
thousands
>of z per hit, sometimes.

sounds like the best idea, if only for the time saved traveling between
levels and the infinite repeatability and therefore (theoretically)
unlimited AC.

Benjamin Lewis wrote:
> Jens wrote:
>

>>Hi!
>>
>>I was wondering what happens to the money I donate to the temple
>>priests. Does it dissapear, or do they continue to carry it around? The
>>reason I'm asking is that I just donated all the gold in Fort Luidos to
>>the Minetown priest, and then prayed at a pad time.
>>
>>Could I kill the priest, take back all the money and give it to the
>>priest in the Valley of the Dead instead, or has the money dissappeared?
>

> It's there for the taking, if you're so inclined. However, you've probably
> gotten close to the point, if you're not already there, where the chance of
> getting lower AC by donating is very small, so it may be a waste of time
> (and there's also lots of $ lying around in Gehennom).

I think the OP meant ey lost protection by angering the god, and so
wants to regain it somehow.

Another way of regaining the money, btw, is with a tame foocubus,
leprechaun, or nymph and conflict. That will keep the same priest
around, and you can theoretically keep reusing the money. It takes a lot
of patience though.

You can also polyself into a leprechaun, hit the priest, and then use
charm monster or a magic harp or something to make them peaceful again.
That's actually much more effective; you can pull off tens of thousands
of z per hit, sometimes.

Mac wrote:
<snip>

> sounds like the best idea, if only for the time saved traveling
between
> levels and the infinite repeatability and therefore (theoretically)
> unlimited AC.

Um, theoretically, AC reduction from priest donation is zero after you
reach -10 or lower, I think.

-K

Kremti wrote:
> Mac wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>sounds like the best idea, if only for the time saved traveling
>
> between
>
>>levels and the infinite repeatability and therefore (theoretically)
>>unlimited AC.
>

> Um, theoretically, AC reduction from priest donation is zero after you
> reach -10 or lower, I think.
>
> -K

Yeah, you can get a max of 20 points of protection from donating.