Athlon 4 benchmarks... AMD shure Whops Intels Ass!

G

I got this link from www.jc-news.com/pc

<A HREF="http://www.zdnet.de/techexpert/artikel/tests/cpu/200105/athlon4_00-wc.html" target="_new">http://www.zdnet.de/techexpert/artikel/tests/cpu/200105/athlon4_00-wc.html</A>

Check out the links as u scroll down, those are the benchmarks.

Athlon 4 even at a lower clock speed then a p4 1700 , still pulls in the lead.
But it gives us a nice idea on the performance gain we can expect.

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

G

And just to say something before we all get our bad moods out Intel guys..

If its not for benchmarks, how else can we scale a cpu for performance? other then its calculations etc..

I actually like the idea of a 1300-1500 MHz chip kicking the crap out of a 1700 MHz chip.

I think its awsome..

Face it! If Intel had a processor that was Hundreds of MHz lower and kicked AMD's Ass... i can guarantee you Fab 4 guys would be saying how pathetic is this...

Well the proof is in the pudding.

AMD Rules

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

bhc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
I would like AMD to do well too, but the current P4 (at the 0.18 technology) is really a compromised product. Let's see what happen when Northwood comes out.

Still, a competitive AMD is indeed good news for everyone.

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
dude you can't read that shiit , you just see the charts..you are one sorry sack of crap to be posting up things you don't even know about. sad sad sad

kurokaze

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
Sorry Tbird, as much as I like AMD.. something
doesn't seem right in those benchmarks :(

Can't put my finger on it though..

Intel Components, AMD Components... all made in Taiwan!

G

Yes you are right

And the new sis735 ddr board for Athlon ROCKS!!!!
Look at these benchmarks:
http://www.socketa.com/reviews/chipsets/sis/735/5.shtml

With a price lower than the Ali-chipset and a performance far superior to the AMD-chipset, this chipset is going to kick some ass!!!

The sis735 + Athlon 4 is going to be very competitve to the 0,13 micron P4 (when the P4 comes out). Even for a price much lower.

later when AMD moves to 0,13 micron intel will be in trouble. 0.10 micron for intel is still years away.

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Processors are becoming so fast that to the home user, the speed of the processor will no longer matter. System speeds will be determined by the bottlenecks, such as video cards, memory, and even chipsets. A complete new architecture will be required to take full advantage this speed.

Of course, servers will still benefit from raw CPU speed, but to the home user, it will soon matter little. At that time it will be price that determines the sale.

If I can buy a 10ghz PC for X dollars, or a 7ghz PC for .75X dollars, and they both give me the same performance as far as the applications that I run (framerate), I would go for price. At these speeds, the performance difference is almost negligible.

What will be interesting is if AMD's hyperlink technology becomes the new standard for PC's.

I cannot see future events. My opinion only....

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

G

you do have a point...

Like.. Microsoft Word can only open so fast right?
Mp3's can play even fine on a 166 system...

So i mean.. the only real benefits a faster cpu will have is in gaming.... and high end stuff like encoding, decoding, etc...

But even then, a lot of games and apps need a video card and a top notch one, so i mean... you do have a good point there..

Word and mp3's and all my apps ran fine on my old k6-2 350.. just perfect. and it was quick....

I just had to upgrade because my cousin blew my motherboard and i wasnt going to spend $130 for another Asus P5A socket 7 mb, for 10$ more i got my Athlon mb, then a cheap Duron 800 and bang all new system, along with the new mem..

But i mean..
that is a good point

lol lets all have races and see how long it takes to open up work
i got .5 seconds! hahaha

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Funkdog, maybe you should do a little more research before making retarded posts like that. The Pentium 4 at .18 micron is a hacked down version of the true Pentium 4, due out at .13 micron later this year. Pentium 4 was only released so soon because the Pentium III couldn't scale with the Athlon. When the true Pentium 4, the .13 micron Northwood, comes out, that's when we'll see the true potential of it.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

G

so you admit that Intel sold its Jerks like you guys a faulty processor that has problem issues??

You admit to that?

G

KSOTH

I love that statement
When the true Pentium 4, the .13 micron Northwood, comes out

I love that
say it again please..
The true Pentium 4 ! hahaha

say it again pleeeasee! hahahahha

Intel seems to be marketing it well and so you are saying the Petium 4 right now, its really the Pentium 4?

That is BS BS BS BS BS BS

Intel made a processor, released it, advertised for it and you can buy one now about anywhere

Real enough to me

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
The origninal P4 was suppost to be 0.13 micron but the new architecture will be the same except a couple of point more FSB more L2 cache.

bhc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
The original design of P4 is too big for the 0.18 micron technology, so they had to take out some L2 cache and a few other modules. Still, as it stands now it has a die size greater than 200 mm^2. That is why it's compromised. Although I am not totally sure, my understanding is for the 0.13 Northwood, Intel is going to put back the modules they took out plus faster FSB.

**Spin all you want, but we the paying consumers will have the final word**

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the crippled P4 as it is right now, is still a pretty good chip for multimedia and gaming. it is not faulty at all, it works as advertised.

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

G

ttt

G

"......it works as advertised."

LOL - 3 blue men

sorry, but you know, that is kind of funny.

however, we all start at the end and finish at the begining

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
then again think mac... put one of those 733 mhz chips and run linux on that box and compare it to an amd or an intel box clocked the same... who would win? the problem aint who can get faster processors out number wise... mhz dont matter... just to reinforce the point that its the benchmarks that matter...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yo, I all I got to say is Weird Al Yankovic sure as hell never made no song for AMD's sorry ass processors. That's right. "Its all about the Pentiums baby"

G

wohoo! So you admit it's a crippled product? ROTFL

Aklein

It's raining outside, and my lawn has grown a foot overnight!

G

cripples product
hahahahahha

G

crippled product
hahahahahha

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>wohoo! So you admit it's a crippled product? ROTFL

hey, I never claimed the current P4 was not, My opinion is that: the P4 is indeed hadicapped but, the P4 still gives you great performance and it will get better over time.

look over my posts, I don't need to admit anything ;-0

so why don't you admit to me that the tbird is a pos burnt offering from AMD and it took'em years to figure out how to intergrate the thermo protection solution,....come on admit it!

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"