In the Castle. Can I handle Gehennom?

Mac

I'm a Neutral Male Hobbit Monk in the corner room of the Castle (DL42)
after
hauling my stash down from DL22 where it was. A summary of my position
follows; be aware that, in particular, I have many more scrolls and
potions than listed, but they were of fairly minor importance. I'm
playing Slash'EM version 0.0.7E7. My six
questions are at the end.

Genocided:
(master) mind flayer
liches
vampire mage
ghoul mage

Next:
green slime (What symbol are they?)
V?
&?

Char Notes (Inventory, Castle Stash, etc.):

XP:24/702680 <-- Thank you succubi!
HP max:233
Pw max:189
Naked AC:-16
St:18
Dx:18
Co:17
In:11
Wi:18 <-- I've hung on the edge of starvation the whole game to
exercise
this, and it paid off.
Ch:14
I can carry 925 naked, 950 with +9=oIncStr, and 1000 with GoP.

+5 robe of protection
+5 robe of power
+5 gauntlets of power
+5 Gauntlets of Defense
+5 Hawaiian shirt - NOT fooproof; eveyerthing else is.
+7 elven leather helm
+5 cloak of magic resistance
+5 Whisperfeet <-- Oracle fountain wish
+0 jumping boots

Dragon scales (all stashed):
black
silver
shimmering
deep <-- may end up making mail from this one for drain resistance.
red
gray
blue

+0 Magicbane <--divine gift, about the only useful one I could get for
curse-catching & Elbereth.
+0 Mjollnir <-- also divine gift; this one is in the chest.

uncursed amulet vs poison

magic marker (1:50)
uncursed magic lamp
wand of wishing (0:1)

ring of slow digestion
+9 ring of gain strength
+4 ring of gain wisdom
+3 ring of gain dexterity
+1 ring of protection
ring of regeneration
ring of conflict
ring of free action
ring of shock resistance
ring of TP control
ring of TP

blessed genocide scroll
uncursed genocide scroll
10 blank scrolls (7 blessed)
4 scrolls of fire
34 TP scrolls
13 (11 blessed) scrolls of remove curse
8 scrolls of ID (7 blessed, 1 uncursed)
2 scrolls of magic mapping <--used the other one when I accidentally
dropped into the Valley of the Dead

2 potions of unholy water <-- I was lucky enough to find one laying
around
15 potions of holy water <--must remember to bless all rings
6 potions of restore ability
4 potions of water
5 potions of paralysis
potion of invulnerability
blessed potion of ESP
3 potions of acid
5 potions of oil
7 potions of fruit juice <--prob. going to dilute
4 potions of speed (for mixing with !oH, if I ever find any)

Wands- about 40 in the Wallet, plus a sack named WANDS in the Castle
stash
which weighs 673. Highlights include two wands of
death with a total of 17 charges. The Guild of Disgruntled
Adventurers is a major pain- you have never known annoyance until
a scared leprechaun gets hold of a wand of digging and drops
through the floor as soon as you come in sight- but you get a LOT
of wands. Eventually I managed to get the lep with Sleep, 11 levels
below where we started!

blessed rustproof +1 pickaxe <-- lighter than mattock
magic whistle
stethoscope
Key of Neutrality
Bell of Opening
blessed +6 unihorn
tinning kit (& tins of Shelob, Girtab, Medusa, etc.)
Eyes of the Overworld <-- no need to worry about lamps
blessed greased fireproof Wallet of Perseus <-- Mine King throne wish
Greased sack named BACKUP, with 2x /oCancel, 1x blessed scroll of
remove
curse, 1x !oHW

2 blessed healthstones
3 blessed touchstones (1 in Wallet, 2 in stash)
3 luckstones- 2 uncursed, 1 unknown, all in stash since Whisperfeet
has a
luckstone effect.

11 diamonds
4 dilithium crystals
10 rubies
3 emeralds
51 lesser gems <-- stashed

Current Attributes:

You are the Envoy of Balance.
You are piously aligned.
You are fire resistant.
You are cold resistant.
You are sleep resistant.
You are disintegration-resistant. <--Yes, I ate my first blackie, in
spite of guilt
You are shock resistant.
You are poison resistant.
You are magic-protected.
You see invisible.
You are warned.
You have automatic searching.
You have infravision.
You are stealthy.
You have teleport control.
You are protected.
You are fast.
You are extremely lucky.
You have extra luck.
Good luck does not time out for you.
You have extra health.
You can safely pray.
You have been killed once. <-- had an unID'd amulet that turned out to
be
lifesaving

Spells:
sleep
resist poison
remove curse
knock
acid stream
slow monster
clairvoyance
healing
cure blindness
resist sleep
flame sphere* <-- my confusion spell for fooproofing.
cone of cold
cure sickness <--9% fail rate naked; can easily be zeroed w/robe
of power and +4=oIncrWis. Demogorgon, here I come!
identify
stone to flesh
restore ability
enlighten
dig
levitation
light
teleport away
confuse monster
cause fear
lightning
detect unseen
endure cold
passwall
magic missile
haste self
create monster

Skills- martial arts is at Grand Master, and enchantment spells are at
Basic; everything else is unskilled.

Random notes:
-There is a cockatrice corpse in the icebox of the general store in
the
Mall on DL6. Handy if I have a means of controlled levelport.
-The Minetown altar is coaligned, but the priest is dead, killed by my
pet
water demon.
-Temple to San Lai Ching (lawful) on DL:27. LATER: Priest dead, altar
converted.
-Temple to Ching Sung-tzu (Neutral) on DL:33. Bought protection.
-Gypsy: "I see a high altar on Level 59." She was a statue on Medusa
that
I stone-to-fleshed for a wish. Wished for a magic marker, which ID'd
have 98 starting charges!

Now my questions:

1. Am I strong enough to take on Gehennom? If so, how much margin for
error
do I have? If not, what do I need? What do I need to be scared of?

2. I have 6 wishes remaining (1 lamp and 1 charge in the unrecharged
wand).
What ought I to spend them on? I've considered the following:
Helm of Brilliance (although I'm out of enchant armor scrolls)
blessed figurine of an Archon (I had a pet water demon for a long
time, but he died in Moloch's Temple, along with two djinni
of Ching Sung-Tzu or whoever he is.)
amulet of reflection <-- this one's a given
magic markers
ring of polycontrol (find a polytrap and make some stoning
grenades?)
Orb of Fate (half spell damage and levelport, but odds are bad)
PYEC (half spell damage & charging, but artifact odds against me)

Are these good ideas or not, and what are your recommendations?

3. What ought I to genocide? (Master) Mind Flayers and all Liches are
already nonexistent.

4. What ought I to wear? I have two robes (protection and power) and
two
gauntlets (Defense and power). The GoP will probably only be used
for
stash-hauling since they mess up my spellcasting (and the GoDefense
give
half phys dmg), but the robes are a tougher choice. Your
recommendations?

5. Will I find enough vegetarian corpses to stay alive? I have 19 food

rations, a lembas wafer, and several smaller food items in the
Wallet,
and I'm sure there are K- and C-rations galore in the lobby, but
they're
bloody heavy. I don't really want to have to lug them around if
it's
unneccessary. Also, I'd prefer not to wear the =oSD, at least in
combat.
My two stat rings (Wis and Str) have served me well, along with
free
action for paralysis potions, conflict for large groups, and regen
for
post-battle, but I don't have four ring fingers.

6. If I'm wielding a non-weapon such as a stethoscope, Hawaiian shirt,
or
other object, and I confuse myself and read an enchant weapon
scroll,
will the wielded object be fooproofed? I have a half-dozen enchant
weapon
scrolls, but no more enchant armor scrolls, and I need to fooproof
my
shirt and I'd like to proof my stethoscope and BACKUP sack as well-
the
Wallet is fireproof since I specified that when I wished for it.

Thanks for your help,
-Mac

Mac wrote:

> I'm a Neutral Male Hobbit Monk in the corner room of the Castle (DL42)

It would be appreciated by those of us who don't play Slash'Em, and who
therefore cannot answer your questions with any expertise, if you would
follow the r.g.r.n. convention of putting " " at the beginning of your
subject line for slash'em related material.

Thanks,

--
Benjamin Lewis

Although the moon is smaller than the earth, it is farther away.

Benjamin Lewis wrote:
> Mac wrote:
>

>>I'm a Neutral Male Hobbit Monk in the corner room of the Castle (DL42)
>

> It would be appreciated by those of us who don't play Slash'Em, and who
> therefore cannot answer your questions with any expertise, if you would
> follow the r.g.r.n. convention of putting " " at the beginning of your
> subject line for slash'em related material.
>
> Thanks,

It would also be appreciated if repliers could follow the r.g.r.n
convention of adding "" in the subject line, as needed, if it is not
already done.

--
____ (__)
/ \ (oo) -Shadow