problems reaching top ethernet speed

i can' t reach 100 Mbits/s when transferring files
between 2 computers directly connected to each other via
ethernet. On both I have 100Mbits ethernet cards.
when I transfer I reach maximum 13 Mbits/s.
is there spmothing i can do in ordr to speed uo a bit?

Thanks in advance

Without more specific information, like make/model of NIC
cards, etc, it's going to be tough to help.

Also, posting your question in the correct newsgroup may
get you a swifter response. ;P

Good luck!