Cant find installation source

Maria Rosa Ancona

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
Yes, thank you! I'll try to be more specific: I am trying to install microsoft office assistant for my microsoft office word.. then it tells me "installation error: file not found...how do I proccede???

Maria Rosa Ancona

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
:ouch: I took the disc out... I inserted again when I go to work and click on "show office assistant" it tells me that needs to be installed.. I go ahead and install it.. after instalalion a window comes up saying that the required installation file is not found... next .. tells me to browse in order to locate my installation source...
What do I put in that little window???

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Ok, well if it is asking you to select the Drive your installing from so you will then browse through your folders i would click on my computer and then you should see your drives the drive your installing from will say microsoft office.

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Also may i make another suggestion, if you need these type of programs on your computer soon for work or school. And you can not get this Microsoft office disk to work. Try downloading Openoffice.org it is freeware. It contains all if not more of the applications that Microsoft office uses and all run nicely. If interested here is a the link.

(Copy then paste this in your address bar)

downloads.sourceforge.net/project/openofficeorg.mirror/stable/3.4.1/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.1_Win_x86_install_en-US.exe?r=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openoffice.org%2Fdownload%2F&ts=1358645759&use_mirror=iweb

Just click and save the download to a folder anywhere.(make not where you saved it)navigate to where you saved it in your folders and run
Follow setup instructions.

This is the program i use and have no problems with it